Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Postby Zeler » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:46 am

Step in very good direction, still needs a lot o polishing though.
Zeler

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:49 am

ven wrote:
loftar wrote:By "realm magic", do you mean the authority-uses like funerals and extracting XP? If so, do you not reckon that there needs to be some reason for the actual realm founders to be running a realm?

They could make their vassal villages more autonomous by granting their lawspeakers some minor hearth magics while abdicating their own OP things (like state funeral), thus hoping to attract more people into their kingdom and also to make their realm maintenance easier by reducing authority drain and cost for stuff.

ven wrote:* With autonomy, vassal village lawspeakers would receive a few limited policies of their own, and the authority drain of the kingdom itself would be lower.

Always wanted to create 50 lawspeaker alts and 50 idols, with that idea it will be worth it!
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Aritain » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 am

Aritain

Postby isdel » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 am

Aritain wrote:Image

Where do I sign up?
isdel

Postby dvsmasta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:08 am

Allow villages under Kingdoms to also project mining bonus under their villages. Then they have to extend their village claims to their own miens to get the bonus.
dvsmasta

Postby Myrgard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:09 am

lol, the most idiotic of all the buffs
Myrgard

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:14 am

Myrgard wrote:lol, the most idiotic of all the buffs

uhh no??? the FEP and LP buffs are the most idiotic. Swan buff means that when a realm decides to switch its buffs to swan quality, it becomes swan hunting season. Hunt as many swans as you can while that's happening to get those sweet, sweet Q200 swan feather curios.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby ven » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:14 am

NOOBY93 wrote:
ven wrote:
loftar wrote:By "realm magic", do you mean the authority-uses like funerals and extracting XP? If so, do you not reckon that there needs to be some reason for the actual realm founders to be running a realm?

They could make their vassal villages more autonomous by granting their lawspeakers some minor hearth magics while abdicating their own OP things (like state funeral), thus hoping to attract more people into their kingdom and also to make their realm maintenance easier by reducing authority drain and cost for stuff.

ven wrote:* With autonomy, vassal village lawspeakers would receive a few limited policies of their own, and the authority drain of the kingdom itself would be lower.

Always wanted to create 50 lawspeaker alts and 50 idols, with that idea it will be worth it!

If you're able to manage and feed curios to all those LSs in order to have village auth high enough to use those minor magics, why not?
Venator
ven

Postby Myrgard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:22 am

NOOBY93 wrote:uhh no??? the FEP and LP buffs are the most idiotic. Swan buff means that when a realm decides to switch its buffs to swan quality, it becomes swan hunting season. Hunt as many swans as you can while that's happening to get those sweet, sweet Q200 swan feather curios.

So you no want the LP buff?

Swans have some good sides but it's hardly the first, second or third most useful buff.

in order I'd say:

Center of Learning
Local Cuisine
Fecund Earth
Myth of the Bull
Mountain Tradition

after getting all these AND still having more mehirs to spare it would make sens to play with other buffs.
Myrgard

Postby loftar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:24 am

Myrgard wrote:in order I'd say: [...]

One might argue that it depends on the values they give.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements