Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blessings of a Fair Realm

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:31 am

Nice update! Could you make it so that the realm buffs switch off if the realm got no authority/low authority? To avoid fake kingdoms.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Astarisk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:37 am

NOOBY93 wrote:I think realms are fine as is tbh, state funeraling is highly unlikely as recovering your body is extremely difficult, and the 10% hit on high statted players is a pretty big hit nonetheless.

State funeral needs to go in my opinion or reworked. All it does is make the winning side win harder, I think hafen needs less of that and more equal footing for all.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby mdsanta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 am

Freaking awesome update!

I now only hope that is plainly impossible to collect all the Blessings.
May be even that some blessings eliminate others.. :)

In the hopes that it will be beneficial to travel to other kingdoms for certain things...

Donno how to solve the fast travel via roads\charters and alt villages though :)
mdsanta

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:58 am

Myrgard wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:uhh no??? the FEP and LP buffs are the most idiotic. Swan buff means that when a realm decides to switch its buffs to swan quality, it becomes swan hunting season. Hunt as many swans as you can while that's happening to get those sweet, sweet Q200 swan feather curios.

So you no want the LP buff?

Swans have some good sides but it's hardly the first, second or third most useful buff.

in order I'd say:

Center of Learning
Local Cuisine
Fecund Earth
Myth of the Bull
Mountain Tradition

after getting all these AND still having more mehirs to spare it would make sens to play with other buffs.

Idiotic =/= strong. My point was FEP buff and study buff are just number buffs that are always good to have and don't bring anything interesting to the table. Swan hunting makes hunting swans the thing to do when a realm decides that should be the buff they're giving. In fact, when a realm makes say, bear quality buff, weaker players would probably team up to take down bears while the buff is up.

IMO it should somehow be profitable for realms to switch their buffs up occasionally.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby mdsanta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:26 am

NOOBY93 wrote:...

I'd say - this is more of a try of a different approach versus old system than a set in stone blessings.
Most likely will be balanced out and hopefully more added :)
mdsanta

Postby Myrgard » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:35 am

What I've meant was that the buffs I've pointed out boost your over all development rate regardless of how much faster it goes.

Better fighters, better crafters, higher q plant fibers, better animals, superior tools... more than what can be achieved outside of the realm borders.

Swans have good meat and very good feather curios but all that can be achieved in different ways, and unless you can get at the top lvl some 500% modifier and mammoth q swan bones that particular buff will not give anything special.

In short some buffs can give a true edge while others like the swan are nothing more but flavor/ a bit of fun.

Loftar hinted that some of those buffs might have a small magnitude but even a 10% faster crop growth will result in a month or two with flax fibbers better then in any other place in the world.
Myrgard

Postby abt79 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:09 am

Can't realms/villages extend underground by default?

Whatever guess I'll build Dwarfholm 5 layers beneath some other shit realm and give myself mining bonuses
abt79

Postby infectedking » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:12 am

jorb wrote:[*]Center of Learning: This Realm has become a center of learning, increasing the amount of Learning Points earned for studied curiosities within it, and also providing bonuses to Lore and Intelligence.

so you have to be standing inside it when it pops? Could you perhaps give a bonus to HFs inside it aswell, like maybe 0.5x of what it would normally give?
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Undefined » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:11 am

Echoing the current concerns regarding mountain tradition. It essentially gives the best quality ore to a single subset of players.
Undefined

Postby Glorthan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:19 am

Undefined wrote:Echoing the current concerns regarding mountain tradition. It essentially gives the best quality ore to a single subset of players.

Realm claims should apply to cave levels automagically.
Glorthan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements