Game Development: Bring out yer Dead

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bring out yer Dead

Postby r21187 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Re-implemented Ancestral Worship from Legacy. Ancestral Worship can be used to acquire boons from your deceased ancestors, based on their stats and abilities in life. Characters without actual ancestors can still use the system, and all count as stemming from a long and distinguished line of sprucecap noobs/freshly spawned alts, with 10 in every Attribute, and 1 in every Ability. Ancestral Worship Rites all carry a cost in Numen points, which are acquired by performing quests for your ancestors.

wait whut?

how i can ancestrar worship?!
ven wrote:After reading this thread I'm considering playing again just to make some metal and buy 22 boats from this guy.

jorb wrote:Ok, will buff.
(Still waiting)
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
r21187

Postby leanne69 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:08 am

MagicManICT wrote:What I'm saying is if you use Einher to cheese a nidbane, does the nid get affected by it, or is it now like some noob just sent a q1 nid at you? My point is "Is it worth the effort of stockpiling Numen so when someone sends a Nidbane at me, I don't have to ever worry about it, even if they get sent at me continuously."

I'd test this myself but in no position to do so. No ancestors strong enough to make it worth the effort.

I think the scent memorize owner stats when he leave it, including bonus (that's at least how it work for steal*int to hide the scent). So i believe leaving scent with Einher will give stronger nidbane.

Tho i have no idea how to test this out, so i can't guarantee this is true but i'm pretty confident about this.
King of Dis, fiancé of LadyGoo
leanne69

Postby Sevenless » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 pm

leanne69 wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:What I'm saying is if you use Einher to cheese a nidbane, does the nid get affected by it, or is it now like some noob just sent a q1 nid at you? My point is "Is it worth the effort of stockpiling Numen so when someone sends a Nidbane at me, I don't have to ever worry about it, even if they get sent at me continuously."

I'd test this myself but in no position to do so. No ancestors strong enough to make it worth the effort.

I think the scent memorize owner stats when he leave it, including bonus (that's at least how it work for steal*int to hide the scent). So i believe leaving scent with Einher will give stronger nidbane.

Tho i have no idea how to test this out, so i can't guarantee this is true but i'm pretty confident about this.

I think magic meant: Go raiding without einher bonus, get nidbanes sent at normal strength, einher to squash the nidbanes with super stats, rinse and repeat.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Announcements