Game Development: Another Touch of Fix

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Another Touch of Fix

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:05 am

As usual we are only moving forward, but we are going to make combat changes, yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:30 am

jorb wrote:As usual we are only moving forward, but we are going to make combat changes, yes.

Pras
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Fostik » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am

jorb wrote:As usual we are only moving forward, but we are going to make combat changes, yes.

You do not need to make a thoughtful combat system, if people will always learn a new one.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:02 am

I like the direction in which the game is going, but tbh the "we are only moving forward" attitude seems very weird to me. For sure you already know you are not omnipotent and omniscient, then if you experiment by developing a whole new system and it seems much worse than the old one, isn't the logical thing to do reverting back to old one and expanding upon it instead of expanding upon the inferior one?
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Granger » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:53 am

jorb wrote:Is there something in particular you're waiting for?

Push-out as an end to getting stuck at stuff.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby infectedking » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:36 am

jorb wrote:Is there something in particular you're waiting for?

More client optimization so we can have large scale fights without wanting to commit suicide between watching a slideshow screens with 7fps
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:47 am

NOOBY93 wrote:

I like the direction in which the game is going, but tbh the "we are only moving forward" attitude seems very weird to me.

The point being that we're not reverting to a previous version of the game, is all. I'm not ideologically opposed to making changes in the direction of how it used to be at some particular point in time, but we never fundamentally think in terms of "reverting the combat changes", because I don't want to do that. The fundamental ambition with the last patch was to remove pre-combat IP stacking, and that I stand by completely, and I would never think of reverting back to that.

For sure you already know you are not omnipotent and omniscient, then if you experiment by developing a whole new system and it seems much worse than the old one, isn't the logical thing to do reverting back to old one and expanding upon it instead of expanding upon the inferior one?

Changes to individual attacks do not make "a whole new system" even if we change every single one of them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby jorb » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:52 am

Fostik wrote:You do not need to make a thoughtful combat system, if people will always learn a new one.

Therefore think it through once and stick to it forever regardless of how it actually plays out...?

Nah, bruh. Adapt, adopt, improve.

jorb

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 am

Somebody will always be angry about combat systems.

In my opinion devs should leave as it is, at least for some time.
And focus on other things that might actually bring us players.

People who want changes to combat system are the ones that kill and raid others resulting in less total players :roll:

I
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby infectedking » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:16 pm

jorb wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:
jorb wrote: The fundamental ambition with the last patch was to remove pre-combat IP stacking, and that I stand by completely, and I would never think of reverting back to that.

All yous had to do was add a limit to amount of IP stacked on a target like 40 or so and that would have nerfed it hard enough but still keeping it a semi-advantage for being prepared.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements