Game Development: Boats of Skye

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Boats of Skye

Postby jorb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:24 pm

dunno6988 wrote:what are the main controls?
Is it mouse only?

A bit of both. Mostly keyboard for the player characters. Mostly mouse for the spirit mode.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby dunno6988 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:35 pm

great game to play when hafens server is down.
dunno6988

Postby neHy9a » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:28 pm

The download will be free for all of April 1st. Use your Haven accounts to log in.

As I understand, "Boats of Skye" is free to download after April 1st.
Am I correct or did I misunderstand something?
neHy9a

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:29 pm

neHy9a wrote:
The download will be free for all of April 1st. Use your Haven accounts to log in.

As I understand, "Boats of Skye" is free to download after April 1st.
Am I correct or did I misunderstand something?

The other way around. It was free on April 1st.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby simimi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 pm

The game run to fast, no time to read stuff or understanding anything, could you put a clock button to adjust the game speed, reducing by 10x would be fine for my tast.
simimi

Postby shubla » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:42 pm

simimi wrote:The game run to fast, no time to read stuff or understanding anything, could you put a clock button to adjust the game speed, reducing by 10x would be fine for my tast.

I agree this.

Theres not that much time to read the popups as things happen in such a rapid pace.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:44 pm

I'll up the pause timer on announcements. Maybe make a setting for it. Unfortunately the game is frame based, rather than time based, so increasing/decreasing the game speed is hard. Arguably that should be changed, but that's a bigger deal.

EDIT: Doubled the pause timer on announcements, at least.

jorb

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 pm

Also, I've made a new background effect if you download the latest version. It's pretty trippy!

jorb

Postby dafels » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:54 pm

CAN'T STOP PLAYING
dafels

Postby jorb » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:49 am

Added a vehicle in the Moon Rokkit. Most systems could with relative ease be adapted to fit the concept of a vehicle, as there was already support for object ownership, and object controlled permissions. The Rokkit claims the Puddyman and uses its own control function to take over his keyboard input. Some of the "challenges" in the implementation involved changing parts of the draw code to use SDL's SDL_RenderCopyEx function, to allow the rocket to rotate. Another thing was to preserve collisions between the dork and beneficial objects like quest items, shekels, and weapons, even while he's inside the Rokkit.

Nothing crazy. Glorious zip-zapping fun. Available in the latest version.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements