Game Development: Picking a Fight

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Picking a Fight

Postby DeadlyPencil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 am

jordancoles wrote:
DeadlyPencil wrote:thanks you for revisiting combat again.

i can already see some moves i want to try that would have never been used before because they were to crappy, storm of swords, kick.

Regarding your raw hide change. iam a tad worried people will just run over and flex the person then cleave since flex does no damage. maybe make it so its any attack that would trigger parry or combat med etc.

No one is going to cleave someone during a rawhide lol

More like punch x2 to deal a bit of dmg

punch is the last move i would do on someone who is raw hided after this change. take aim or flex would be worlds better. why would u want them to get unstuck faster?

regarding Think. i actually stopped using Think in my deck and instead focused on take aim and lower IP moves and it has worked very well in spars. thats using sting though. so my deck will get nerfed by this. the reason why i stopped running Think is because it took up an extra slot, kind of like loftar said.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Zyean » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 am

Vert wrote:IF you use watch it moves you and your enemy get a coin. looks like a bug.

"Watch Its Moves now reduces 30% blue Opening, instead of 15%, but also gives the opponent an IP."
Zyean

Postby Sany_CZ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:54 am

Next update could add mead, getting drunk and not walking straight.
Sany_CZ

Postby nanoswimz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:08 am

Take aim nerf is stupid. Now we forced to take think because its faster and better...
nanoswimz

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 am

jorb wrote:Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • You may now walk onto empty construction areas. That should mean that sign posts are now less useful in combat. Discussion here.
  • You may now use Shift + Ctrl + Left-Click to transfer all items of a particular type from one inventory to another. Default client best client. Update your clients for this-

Enjoy!

Pras!

PS: alt as modifier for 'all-of-kind' would be nicer, as this would be for one in line with the other clients and for another open up ctrl+alt+click for drop-all-of-kind (which is needed at times).

Push-out when?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby roboboy33 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:15 am

jorb wrote:[*] Raven's Bite now has a cooldown of 40, rather than 55.

Cooldown is still 55 on Raven's Bite.
what the fuck say
roboboy33

Postby sMartins » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 am

Default Client, Best Client!
Awesome ;)
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby roboboy33 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:23 am

Take Aim's cooldown now increases the more IP you already have when using it. The cost is now (30 + IP * 2) * μ.

You should add a maximum cooldown, if you have a sizeable amount of ip from using think and accidentally use take aim it can leave you with a very long cooldown.
what the fuck say
roboboy33

Postby Zyean » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:24 am

"Sting now gives 20% Blue Opening, and 10% Yellow opening, instead of 25% Blue opening."

Is this mostly to weaken blue decks? I was just curious about the reasoning behind the change
Zyean

Postby nanoswimz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 am

Kaios wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Umm I don't know who reported that to you guys but I'm pretty sure that everyone was using take aim ONLY to get enough IP's for Think becouse getting IP's with 5/5 Think was like 2x faster than with 5/5 take aim. Right now it will stay the same.

but when none of the defensive moves have any ip cost there's no need for Think, you can get all the ip you need using take aim which leaves you an extra slot, and having an attack on like uppercut or kito that forces someone to use zig zag gets you more ip too so no not everyone used take aim only to get enough ip for Think

In pvp, only sting and cleave are used as finishers. Full circle/sideswipe cant break armor at medium-high levels of openings. With take aim nerf, its almost impossible get enough coins to use finishers such as cleave. I just tryed, its terrible. At 4 coins take aim cd is bigger than think. So now i forced to take 5 aim/5 think, when i was comfy with only 5 take aim previous patch. But anyway, this update better than nothing.
nanoswimz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements