Game Development: Picking a Fight

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Picking a Fight

Postby nanoswimz » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:34 am

Storm of swords deals 100% damage for first target and 200% for the last?
nanoswimz

Postby Sollar » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Steal Thunder can now be used at a little bit of range.

Does the actual stealing of IP's work only when an opening is at 100? It will never be the case since no one will leave his openings to reach 100 ... or if someone is dumb enough to do so is dead anyway to a finisher. Why would you use Steal-Thunder when you can land a big hit?
Also since it does no damage what is the point of hitting yellow (other than the unlikely scenario when u hit someone with 100yellow opening)?
All I see in this is a smaller left hook that can be landed at a certain distance.

I used take aim+think anyway so the nerf should have been less painfull but still - the cooldown on the 4th IP point takes forever. I guess the main concern for someone now is never to drop under 4ip (having think is also a must). Brings in more tactics (or at least more attention to IP spending) but takes away some of the battle dynamics (faster ip gathering= faster action)
Sollar

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks for changing slow barrage to quick barrage.
azrid

Postby Marksman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Takedown missed at Attacks group filter.
Marksman

Postby dafels » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:35 pm

add all manuvers to valhalla pls
dafels

Postby tirioll » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:49 pm

Sollar wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Steal Thunder can now be used at a little bit of range.

Does the actual stealing of IP's work only when an opening is at 100? It will never be the case since no one will leave his openings to reach 100 ... or if someone is dumb enough to do so is dead anyway to a finisher. Why would you use Steal-Thunder when you can land a big hit?
Also since it does no damage what is the point of hitting yellow (other than the unlikely scenario when u hit someone with 100yellow opening)?
All I see in this is a smaller left hook that can be landed at a certain distance.

No, IP stolen is proportional to opening size. At 100 you steal 3, but you steal 1 IP at about 30 opening.
tirioll

Postby Ricu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm

I don't think you can make most of the people happy with this fighting combat system.
I would just suggest changing it to the traditional barbaric clobbering where the difference is the armor VS weapon,
gildable weapons for blue or red, green and yellow attacks VS gildable armor with increase resistance to blue, or red, or green or yellow. with chance for one or multiple resistances, same as the gilding system now for stats.
Quit the IP points since a battle lasting over 15 minutes is overkill or make them passive in a combat system where you have some finishers that cost IP and you get them while doing damage and fighting not just jumping around.

I am mostly suggesting this idea because since the game is mostly beta or alpha, i get a lot of client crashes, some while farming, some while fighting, and the longer the fight the more chances i will get a crash while in combat which can result in a total ragequit.

I will also make a topic with this ideea, i am curios about other peoples opinion on this.

EDIT : HERE IT IS
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=56965
Ricu

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:28 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Yield ground now reduces Green & Red openings by 30% each, rather than 25%.
[*] Artful Evasion now has a cooldown of 40 instead of 50.
[*] Regain Composure now reduces Green and Yellow openings by 20% instead of 15%, but has a cooldown of 35, instead of 30.
[*] Rip Apart now gives 7.5% openings to all colors, rather than 5%, and has a cooldown of 60, rather than 80.

Still won't see any use

[*] Take Aim's cooldown now increases the more IP you already have when using it. The cost is now (30 + IP * 2) * μ.

It was said a few times already but you should really put a cap to the cooldown effect, sucks when you use take aim by mistake at higher ip and get hit with 8-10 seconds cooldown for a 1 ip gain

[*] Low Blow now deals 20 damage, instead of 10.
[*] Kick now deals 25 damage, instead of 15, and 20% Yellow opening, instead of 17.5%, but also costs one IP.

Still won't see any use

[*] Go for the Jugular now costs 2+2 IP, instead of 3+3.

This is alright now, I'm enjoying testing out different combinations with go for jugular and takedown as well

[*] Steal Thunder can now be used at a little bit of range.

meh

[*] Bloodlust and Death or Glory now have block weights of 75%, rather than 50%.

I saw it mentioned before but bloodlust was already decent idk if it needed this buff

[*] Jump, Quick Dodge, and Sidestep all have cooldowns of 25, rather than 30.

The cd on these seems too fast now, an opponent can get in two quick dodge/sidestep/jump after an opp knock so even if you used it twice from a full combat med charge they can take themselves back down from 100 to 40 before you have a chance to attack. Maybe they should have 1 ip cost or something to make artful a little more appealing.
Kaios

Postby Thedrah » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:57 am

looks like the goal is to make moves have more weight and the 10 slots have more meaning. such as to not have one move countering a couple combat styles... i think

i remember using artful evasion in w9 alone as a means of defense

i do think the distance on steal thunder will make 'cheesing' animals easier as it still has a 10% dizziness opening on it
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Direkled » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Kaios wrote:Maybe they should have 1 ip cost or something to make artful a little more appealing.

Wouldn't that completely shaft new players?
Direkled

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements