Game Development: Picking a Fight

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Picking a Fight

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:14 pm

Direkled wrote:
Kaios wrote:Maybe they should have 1 ip cost or something to make artful a little more appealing.

Wouldn't that completely shaft new players?

Not really, they'd just have to abuse the spar system to get their openings down while hunting

(hint: it's not going to happen)
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby MrGemini » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:12 pm

/pras!
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:55 pm

Direkled wrote:Wouldn't that completely shaft new players?

ya true they might be able to set them as 1+0 though so they are usable with no ip but do cost 1 if you have any
Kaios

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 pm

Kaios wrote:
Direkled wrote:Wouldn't that completely shaft new players?

ya true they might be able to set them as 1+0 though so they are usable with no ip but do cost 1 if you have any

People would just spar each other to use them for free, no to IP cost on defenses
NOOBY93

Postby CLAVICEMBALO3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:09 pm

I used 5 level take aim to gain IP quickly (i reached 50 ip easy) now with that new game development take aim is really slow. I think ill suicide me (my character, not me like human person)

I dont like the "picking a fight" development.....
CLAVICEMBALO3

Postby springyb » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:33 am

You can't add IP requirements to the starting defenses without giving new characters a way to gain IP.
springyb

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:35 am

CLAVICEMBALO3 wrote:I used 5 level take aim to gain IP quickly (i reached 50 ip easy) now with that new game development take aim is really slow. I think ill suicide me (my character, not me like human person)

I dont like the "picking a fight" development.....

just get think now, why would you kill yourself because of a rebalancing patch? While I agree it's stupid how it works now and completely unnecessary, it's nothing to suicide your character over.
NOOBY93

Postby Thedrah » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:01 am

i want more variety in the movesets :3

like smaller weapons and weapons affecting the cooldown of attacks. maybe skills based on equipment too, like headbash/shieldbash
and maybe attacks that are affected by other stats than strength, like belly bump that uses con and cha haha

a push/shove or a sprint combat move would be nice too. having a combat deck that has a focus other than damage would be cool, like a couple moves affecting run speed. i know bunny slippers increase chasing speed of rabbits, could that be added as a maneuver? to increase chasing speed but lower attack weight or something
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Thedrah wrote:i want more variety in the movesets :3

like smaller weapons and weapons affecting the cooldown of attacks. maybe skills based on equipment too, like headbash/shieldbash
and maybe attacks that are affected by other stats than strength, like belly bump that uses con and cha haha

a push/shove or a sprint combat move would be nice too. having a combat deck that has a focus other than damage would be cool, like a couple moves affecting run speed. i know bunny slippers increase chasing speed of rabbits, could that be added as a maneuver? to increase chasing speed but lower attack weight or something

Anything that affects speed would likely be utterly mandatory and busted. It's just way, way too important of a factor. And there are decks that focus more on making openings for allies than creating damage.
DDDsDD999

Postby DeadlyPencil » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:53 pm

tested some more and have some more suggestions for you:

• Storm of Swords - This skill does not get used because 100% damage on the main target using a sword will not break through someones armour. Since it costs 2IP like sting. please concider increasing its damage to 115% or something like that. Sting DOES get used, so if storm of swords also did more damage it would be used as well.
  • Ravens Bite - This skill costs the same as cleave, but doesnt do nearly the same amount of damage. Consider increasing its damage to 120%, it doesn't do enough damage so it doesn't get used.

steal thunder still doesn't work as I think the skill was designed, but got no suggestions for you on it.
DeadlyPencil

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements