Game Development: Picking a Fight

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Picking a Fight

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 am

Our understanding was that think saw very little use. Should probably actually track it better. Will consider.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Vert » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:31 am

watch it moves gives coins to both sides
Vert

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:32 am

jorb wrote:Our understanding was that think saw very little use. Should probably actually track it better. Will consider.

Umm I don't know who reported that to you guys but I'm pretty sure that everyone was using take aim ONLY to get enough IP's for Think becouse getting IP's with 5/5 Think was like 2x faster than with 5/5 take aim. Right now it will stay the same.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:32 am

Aggro range is now 17.5 tiles, rather than 12.5

Nice

Fixed an inverted condition. Attack line of sight is now blocked by houses and walls, but not by player bodies and carrables.

Nice

You may now walk onto empty construction areas. That should mean that sign posts are now less useful in combat.

Awesome. Does this included signposts with one item built into them as well?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby DeadlyPencil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:33 am

thanks you for revisiting combat again.

i can already see some moves i want to try that would have never been used before because they were to crappy, storm of swords, kick.

Regarding your raw hide change. iam a tad worried people will just run over and flex the person then cleave since flex does no damage. maybe make it so its any attack that would trigger parry or combat med etc.
DeadlyPencil

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:36 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:thanks you for revisiting combat again.

i can already see some moves i want to try that would have never been used before because they were to crappy, storm of swords, kick.

Regarding your raw hide change. iam a tad worried people will just run over and flex the person then cleave since flex does no damage. maybe make it so its any attack that would trigger parry or combat med etc.

No one is going to cleave someone during a rawhide lol

More like punch x2 to deal a bit of dmg
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:42 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Umm I don't know who reported that to you guys but I'm pretty sure that everyone was using take aim ONLY to get enough IP's for Think becouse getting IP's with 5/5 Think was like 2x faster than with 5/5 take aim. Right now it will stay the same.

but when none of the defensive moves have any ip cost there's no need for Think, you can get all the ip you need using take aim which leaves you an extra slot, and having an attack on like uppercut or kito that forces someone to use zig zag gets you more ip too so no not everyone used take aim only to get enough ip for Think
Kaios

Postby Vert » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:44 am

IF you use watch it moves you and your enemy get a coin. looks like a bug.
Vert

Postby eL_Diablo » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 am

Kaios wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Umm I don't know who reported that to you guys but I'm pretty sure that everyone was using take aim ONLY to get enough IP's for Think becouse getting IP's with 5/5 Think was like 2x faster than with 5/5 take aim. Right now it will stay the same.

but when none of the defensive moves have any ip cost there's no need for Think, you can get all the ip you need using take aim which leaves you an extra slot, and having an attack on like uppercut or kito that forces someone to use zig zag gets you more ip too so no not everyone used take aim only to get enough ip for Think

good point.
+1

Коси и забивай!
eL_Diablo

Postby ElCabron » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:48 am

jorb wrote:Our understanding was that think saw very little use. Should probably actually track it better. Will consider.

You guys should watch some combat videos =/
Image . . . . . . . . . . Image
ElCabron

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements