Game Development: Beavertopia

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beavertopia

Postby viznew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:26 am

iv been convinced that hearthing to hf naked while knocked out does sound like a resonable exchange
ImageImage
viznew

Postby ven » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 am

jorb wrote:We have been a bit unsure on where to take development. Feel free to opine on what you'd like to see change/improve.

Endgame skills
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50986&p=674585

Endgame activities
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=49571

Megastructures that take a kingdom weeks to build
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=56780&p=731061

Seasons
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=53114&p=704207

Dynamic politics
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52762&p=699618

Dynamic time
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50162&p=665164

Ocean content
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52726&p=699035

Kingdom objectives/quests
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51612

Interesting geography
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51972&p=687466

Forensics/archaeology to make the world less dull
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48265&p=630365

Tools to let player actions leave a more lasting effect in the world and create permanent lore for everyone
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=51049&p=675513

Venator
ven

Postby eliminoid » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:36 am

jorb wrote:[*] We have considered making it so that you are returned to your Hearth fire on knockout. This could make combat more accessible and forgiving, could allow for less paranoid player interaction, could allow for casual strolls outside your walls without complete fear of death, could remove alt farms to supply a steady stream of fresh cannon fodder, could make n00b ganking less of a thing, and could perhaps allround make the game less autistic and more fun. On the other hand the biting edge of cold hard pixel death could be dulled. Do note that you would still die as per usual if you actually managed to reach zero HHP.[/list]
... let us know what you think.

I like this. May also add partial/full loot on KO
Hi
eliminoid

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:43 am

Idk if it's possible or easy to implement but maybe when you are vastly out-stated you could get auto ko'd rather than death and I'd be fine with dropping loot (not keys though) as CO said, it seems a fair enough exchange ... I'm sure they would enjoy some nice noob loot ... :P :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby maze » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:45 am

Not die'ing in combat would be different.
But noobs die in one hit anyhow. Maybe make a easy to make equipment (Ring made of thorns.) that would leave you at 1HHP if you get KO'd.
The age of death being over would be likely a gaint change to combat.

More players would be willing to fight (if they don't die in 1 hit...plz)

Possibly instead of making us return to hearth fire on KO. maybe a equipment that would do it (again easy to make.)
This would make it for hardcore fighters to Wear full equipment and people afread of death to wear an item that would take up a valuable slot. (1L Chest 1R pants maybe?)
---

anyhow I'm for hearthing back to fire on KO.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby SovietUnion » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:50 am

There is a local saying: "kill a beaver, save a tree!"

Nice...

Last edited by SovietUnion on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Notable characters: Cpt. Danko, Kng. Danko

LS of MorningWood (as of W7)
North Star market owner (W11)
King of North Star Kingdom & Market (W12)
LS of MorningWood (W13), quit early cause reasons
Open village of North Star (W14)

"Not really. But meh.. who needs proper communication anyways"
SovietUnion

Postby WindRider » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:51 am

If you return to hearth fire when you get KO'd, will it also happen upon death? If so, what will happen when you inherit, do you just span on your old character? Will these changed somehow affect the inheritance? ...not looking for any answers, won't check up on them, just some things to consider...
WindRider

Postby Redlaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:59 am

I have also shared this update on my time line, and cant wait to see next. Every bit if wild life feels to make the game more alive.
Redlaw

Postby springyb » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:04 am

jorb wrote:We have considered making it so that you are returned to your Hearth fire on knockout. This could make combat more accessible and forgiving, could allow for less paranoid player interaction, could allow for casual strolls outside your walls without complete fear of death, could remove alt farms to supply a steady stream of fresh cannon fodder, could make n00b ganking less of a thing, and could perhaps allround make the game less autistic and more fun. On the other hand the biting edge of cold hard pixel death could be dulled. Do note that you would still die as per usual if you actually managed to reach zero HHP.

If this does go through it should be disabled for people who are attacking a village/claim. Otherwise you get risk free raiding. Maybe you fall unconscious as normal if you're red handed or on a claim that you're actively trespassing on or besieging.

I'm not so sure it should apply to PvE knockouts, but definitely PvP ones. I also agree with most everyone saying equipment should drop. I don't think it will make n00b ganking happen less, it will probably promote more PvP to be honest, but it will be in a healthy way. Either way though this is probably the best immediate fix you can offer to retain new players, which is something that's very needed.
springyb

Postby Leafstab » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:10 am

maybe a max amount of hhp that can be lost in 1 hit? like you can only lose 50% of your hhp in 1 blow perhaps :?:
Leafstab

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements