Game Development: Beavertopia

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Beavertopia

Postby GamingRAM » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:22 am

GamingRAM wrote:
jorb wrote:
[*] We have been a bit unsure on where to take development. Feel free to opine on what you'd like to see change/improve.

Another idea:

The World's Crown

For 1 world, 5 legendary gems are randomly distributed through-out the world. Ex: 1 randomly put into a tree trunk, 1 thrown into the water, etc.
Obtaining all 5 allows you to create the World's Crown, which basically says "you da best".
Players can create a dowsing tool for these gems.

Let the wars begin for the Crown.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Yasodhara » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 am

Removing permadeath? What are you some kind of casual or something? Permadeath was always distinct feature of HnH and take it out just like that wouldn't be healthy for the game, in my opinion. That will make game more accessible probably, but...idk, it just doesn't sit right with me. At least don't make it that easy, it's not some kind of FPS where you die, screen goes grey and you respawn in 10 seconds, it's just dumb.
Yasodhara

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:40 am

stickman wrote:was takedown really that good that it needed to be nerfed? i experimented with it but zig zag is to strong against it and its alot harder to stack millions of IP now.

you could just spam it and they would give u back the ip for it pretty much because u have to spam zig and it did a ton of damage i could hit u with it to 40 then 70 right away and youd be stuck spamming zig and id just continue hitting and if u dont zig it at 70 it was like 100dmg+ lel
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:41 am

Now we need loons

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby 2d0x » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 am

Yasodhara wrote:Removing permadeath? What are you some kind of casual or something? Permadeath was always distinct feature of HnH and take it out just like that wouldn't be healthy for the game, in my opinion. That will make game more accessible probably, but...idk, it just doesn't sit right with me. At least don't make it that easy, it's not some kind of FPS where you die, screen goes grey and you respawn in 10 seconds, it's just dumb.

But in such games there is one character, not a dozen alts.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby boreial » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:48 am

jordancoles wrote:Now we need loons

Jordan, Have you MET our forum community? I Think we have more than enough "LOONS" already.... <chuckles>
boreial

Postby maze » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:55 am

jordancoles wrote:Now we need loons

+1
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby dafels » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:05 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] We have considered making it so that you are returned to your Hearth fire on knockout. This could make combat more accessible and forgiving, could allow for less rapanoid player interaction, could allow for casual strolls outside your walls without complete fear of death, could remove alt farms to supply a steady stream of fresh cannon fodder, could make n00b ganking less of a thing, and could perhaps allround make the game less autistic and more fun. On the other hand the biting edge of cold hard pixel death could be dulled. Do note that you would still die as per usual if you actually managed to reach zero HHP.[/list]
... let us know what you think.

ALSO i think that they should be ported back to their hearth fire completely NAKED and all curios/equipment/inventory should be dropped on the ground where they were koed and remain there for a certain period of time

This, allow us to loot the people that are koed.
dafels

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 am

this game's pvp is gonna be dull without permadeath, you're making a mistake
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby 2d0x » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:30 am

Pan_w_okularach wrote:this game's pvp is gonna be dull without permadeath, you're making a mistake

Inheritance and funeral is contrary to permanent death. Ah, also rituals of ancestors. And alts... In this game, people treat characters as pawns. That's the whole difference.
Last edited by 2d0x on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements