Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby DeadlyPencil » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Even if the default client ran with super good FPS, its unlikely people would use it. you don't even show the quality of items in default client.... and this is a crafting game.

So my suggestion is you add more debugging options for the custom client creators to work with, they are probably far more motivated in finding the issues than you are as they are always trying to optimize their clients. If they have the tools, maybe they can pinpoint the issues for you.
DeadlyPencil

Postby shubla » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:03 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:Even if the default client ran with super good FPS, its unlikely people would use it. you don't even show the quality of items in default client.... and this is a crafting game.

So my suggestion is you add more debugging options for the custom client creators to work with, they are probably far more motivated in finding the issues than you are as they are always trying to optimize their clients. If they have the tools, maybe they can pinpoint the issues for you.

All custom clients are just forks of default client.
Default client performance fixes would eventually find their way to custom clients as well.
I think that devs should take care of client performance themselves, as they are getting paid by the people who play the game. Not volunteers.

Its like you make a shitty and incomplete game and then ask modders to fix it.
Devs should not forget the client development imo.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:13 pm

shubla wrote:Its like you make a shitty and incomplete game and then ask modders to fix it.

This is a legit tactic.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby eliminator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Sollar wrote:How about trolls? Are they still permakill you or they just knock you down?

No. And I have le proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epVSvXzwHfo
eliminator

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

eliminator wrote:
Sollar wrote:How about trolls? Are they still permakill you or they just knock you down?

No. And I have le proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epVSvXzwHfo

Good luck le surviving le caveins
NOOBY93

Postby eliminator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Good luck le surviving le caveins

Don't want to check this
But I'm fairly sure that it'll disengage once you lay unconscious under cave-in
eliminator

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:30 pm

eliminator wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Good luck le surviving le caveins

Don't want to check this
But I'm fairly sure that it'll disengage once you lay unconscious under cave-in

Question is, is each cavein an instance of the attack of its own, or does he do the cavein attack which drops many caveins?

If the former, you'd survive, if the latter, you would get crushed by the caveins anyway, ants-style.
NOOBY93

Postby eliminator » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:41 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Question is, is each cavein an instance of the attack of its own, or does he do the cavein attack which drops many caveins?

If the former, you'd survive, if the latter, you would get crushed by the caveins anyway, ants-style.

Well I remember in last world it buried me under the rocks because it got trapped by cave-in itself and thus could not reach me. It also took several cave-in attacks to finish me off. I think it has some internal cooldown and if it knock you out with cave-in after today's patch, it'll stop spawning any new because it would not be in combat anymore.
But confirming this requires testing, and I don't want to seal it inside that small tunnel.
eliminator

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:44 pm

jorb wrote:I am not sure that's true at all. This arguably makes them one of the more persistent, and actual threats against a player's life.

Can you at least make the mandrakes a little more common then because even if you had 5 or more scents in some order like 1x murder 1x battery 3x theft/vandal chances are you don't get the opportunity to send all those at one time before the theft/vandal disappear because of how infrequently the mandrake roots pop up.
Kaios

Postby dafels » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:58 pm

nidbanes shouldnt have a chance of murdering at all and it would be better if they removed them
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements