Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:44 am

@loftar, during your test with all those spawned characters, did you have them set to move about as well or perform combat moves on one another?
Fierce_Deity

Postby sMartins » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:51 am

loftar wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:because your case is the anomaly. So many people from the 35 player fight complained about it being a slideshow.

I know, but that's why I need to find out what the difference is. After what I've tested, custom client issues is one of the few things that remain that I can even imagine.

I never had fps problems, always locked to 60, but never joined huge battle or stuff like that also.
Idk if can be helpfull or not but from what I tested i can say that having anti-aliasing or anysotrophic or other filters active outside of the game, I mean on the Nvidia Control Panel, cause my fan to speed up ( and it's pretty weird cause it doesn't happen with games way more graphic intensive than haven), so maybe a drivers related thing?
Gtx 970 here and default client.

Also this may or not may be helpfull, Nvidia doesn't work very well with OpenGL, but they are working on it:
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topi ... -programs/
Last edited by sMartins on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ven » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 am

Kaios wrote:
loftar wrote:Not discussing optimization in general here, but specifically many players in combat on the screen.

unrelated to fps issues but the combat shit being right in the middle of the screen is a pretty big hindrance in general but more so during large battles. When all those players are grouped up together they tend to get lost behind the icons occasionally and it gets annoying.

Last time I played experience popups during combat were also a similar issue.
Venator
ven

Postby jordancoles » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:24 am

Looks fine.
Being able to log out after being KOd is nice, otherwise this change would just make being a dick in noob camps easier since they would be KO'd, hearth to the same spot and then get KO'd again until death

Sort of an interesting path to take I guess. I've played this game long enough now so the loss of the more brutal aspect of pvp isn't really a big deal to me.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby gad432 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 am

It's easy to test. Gather a fight event. The prize is a unique cap \ weapon \ cape. Take part in the battle. Team jorb against the team Loftar. 20x20 or 30x30 or even more. Not in the open field, but in the labyrinth of the palisade with cows planting houses with horses and other eating FPS things
gad432

Postby shadowchris » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:17 am

Nice patch but I think the damage is far too much to be reversed. Between the boredom and the 4/05 patch, there's really no incentive for anyone that quit to come back
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby infectedking » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 am

So what I understand is, Nidbanes nerfed so hard into the ground there is no point of even having mandrakes anymore apart from the lore event and secondly, the fact that people can't go around killing sprucecaps (which a faction *cough* Dis *cough* is known for).
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby jorb » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 am

infectedking wrote:So what I understand is, Nidbanes nerfed so hard into the ground there is no point of even having mandrakes anymore apart from the lore event.

I am not sure that's true at all. This arguably makes them one of the more persistent, and actual threats against a player's life.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby infectedking » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:26 am

jorb wrote:[*] Nidbanes now disappear if they knock their target.

jorb wrote:This arguably makes them one of the more persistent, and actual threats against a player's life.

How can a Nidbane if they Disappear after KOing their target be an actual threat to the player's life?
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Fostik » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 am

Is everything that preparing for steam? :roll:
When the world will be expanded?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements