Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 pm

ya i would also like a note of who it was.

even if its just a log entry in a notebook or something. so their name and their total exp. just their name doesn't tell u if they were a strong character or not. where as a skull did tell u that information.
DeadlyPencil

Postby jordancoles » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:55 am

It would be cool to loot something like "_____'s Journal" when the person ports home (person who KOd gets it in their inventory or it could drop on the ground after they port). The journal, when studied, would give a large portion of the victim's exp and you'd also learn their name from the item's title

No reason to fight otherwise... People will just fight in tier 1 gilds and use shit q swords with no risk if being kod just means a few wounds
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ven » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 am

I'm not sure about the XP thing as it could be easily exploitable to transfer experience from alts into mains.

I'd rather have body parts to let the winner have some collectable trophy, but I think journals are fine too. There should certainly be some risk in going into combat, even if all that means is that others will know your character's name.
Venator
ven

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:33 am

jorb wrote:As hinted in the previous patch we have decided to experiment with a fundamental change to the life and death mechanics, in that you will now, upon being knocked out, get the opportunity to teleport to your Hearth Fire, rather than lay prone for incoming murder.

Like us on Facebook!

Didn't really read through the prior comments, just hoping that this is one of those things your willing to roll back if it isn't working. Problem I can only see with the goal of decreasing alt abuse for fighters (and any other role) is it is going to take a new world to see the true effects since people already have multiple developed characters. Then again, people might give up on developing the other characters if they're not very progressed. It'll take some real time to tell, though.

Like the combat deck swaps. Idiot me is always one of those ones that forgets things like this. Maybe if I would hotkey the decks... (if I can, but don't think so? Seems like I tried once.)

Finally... fuck Facebook. There are better platforms for social media. Let the world's most draconian website die like the Internet dinosaur it is. (I mean, Yahoo is still around, but does anyone use it for search anymore?)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tarantaika » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 am

my char just died, without an obvious reason, after 30 sec death screen i got an offer to hp - it didnt work.

Almost full hp 170/190, swimming was off, no one around or atleast i havent seen anyone and body wasnt looted.
tarantaika

Postby Granger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 am

tarantaika wrote:my char just died, without an obvious reason, after 30 sec death screen i got an offer to hp - it didnt work.

Almost full hp 170/190, swimming was off, no one around or atleast i havent seen anyone and body wasnt looted.

Do you have a screenshot of the death screen?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sevenless » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:19 pm

jordancoles wrote:It would be cool to loot something like "_____'s Journal" when the person ports home (person who KOd gets it in their inventory or it could drop on the ground after they port). The journal, when studied, would give a large portion of the victim's exp and you'd also learn their name from the item's title

No reason to fight otherwise... People will just fight in tier 1 gilds and use shit q swords with no risk if being kod just means a few wounds

A) 30% HHP or more wound isn't any punishment at all? I find it hard to believe it's easier to heal a 50hhp wretched gore than it is to make 2 gild gear.

B) I feel this is an opportunity to break gear and introduce a new magic resource as a result is more tempting than trying to cram in a benefit other than gear/curios in the current system. I covered how to handle alt abuse in my suggestion a bit back in C&I.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:28 pm

Sevenless wrote:
jordancoles wrote:It would be cool to loot something like "_____'s Journal" when the person ports home (person who KOd gets it in their inventory or it could drop on the ground after they port). The journal, when studied, would give a large portion of the victim's exp and you'd also learn their name from the item's title

A) 30% HHP or more wound isn't any punishment at all? I find it hard to believe it's easier to heal a 50hhp wretched gore than it is to make 2 gild gear.

B) I feel this is an opportunity to break gear and introduce a new magic resource as a result is more tempting than trying to cram in a benefit other than gear/curios in the current system. I covered how to handle alt abuse in my suggestion a bit back in C&I.

50HHP is an understatement. A cleave that doesn't KO you can still give you 300+ wretched gore. Been there, got a 250 wretched gore wound from a normal cleave, took 3 weeks to heal with like 10 people giving me all the ancient roots they found. If a couple of people in a team got a 400-ish wretched gore (realistic if you get knocked out) it would be extremely difficult to heal all of them with ancient roots. Also, stitched up doesn't really help, healing wretched gores is 99% ancient roots.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Sevenless » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:49 pm

I forget how insane the stats have gotten due to the 300% bonus :P
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:15 pm

tarantaika wrote:my char just died, without an obvious reason, after 30 sec death screen i got an offer to hp - it didnt work.

could you have starved to death?
DeadlyPencil

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements