Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby tarantaika » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:32 pm

Granger wrote:
tarantaika wrote:my char just died, without an obvious reason, after 30 sec death screen i got an offer to hp - it didnt work.

Almost full hp 170/190, swimming was off, no one around or atleast i havent seen anyone and body wasnt looted.

Do you have a screenshot of the death screen?

unfortunately no, it was "you died ... blah ... blah ... move on""

DeadlyPencil wrote:
tarantaika wrote:my char just died, without an obvious reason, after 30 sec death screen i got an offer to hp - it didnt work.

Almost full hp 170/190, swimming was off, no one around or atleast i havent seen anyone and body wasnt looted.

could you have starved to death?

famished but 70-80%
tarantaika

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:45 pm

oh i meant ur energy lvl dropping so low you take damage
DeadlyPencil

Postby Aceb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:25 am

And here I was enjoying my cup of crabs. I will miss that.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby blank2 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm

ven wrote:I'm not sure about the XP thing as it could be easily exploitable to transfer experience from alts into mains.

I'd rather have body parts to let the winner have some collectable trophy, but I think journals are fine too. There should certainly be some risk in going into combat, even if all that means is that others will know your character's name.

Are you not able to change your name already though like how it is shown to others?? im pretty sure you can change your name as many times as you want. correct me if im wrong? :ugeek:
blank2

Postby MikeOfDragon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:28 pm

blank2 wrote:
ven wrote:I'm not sure about the XP thing as it could be easily exploitable to transfer experience from alts into mains.

I'd rather have body parts to let the winner have some collectable trophy, but I think journals are fine too. There should certainly be some risk in going into combat, even if all that means is that others will know your character's name.

Are you not able to change your name already though like how it is shown to others?? im pretty sure you can change your name as many times as you want. correct me if im wrong? :ugeek:

You can change the names others see when they kin you, but the name on your skull will be the name you gave the wizard when making your character. I think people are expecting the same thing from journals.
jordancoles wrote:I'm a genius so I've never done this personally, but I can see how some people might accidentally click on the wrong box
MikeOfDragon

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:35 pm

tbh identification of starting name is stupid imo, you can give the starting wizard a completely gibberish random name that nobody, not even people in your alliance or village, know, and change your representation name as soon as you spawn, so nobody will ever know who they killed judging by your skull
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Redlaw » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:18 pm

Hoping for a wonderful update in any form today, I do know since the world has started Wednesday is the prime day for an update (Tuesday and Thursday being the next most likely).

Ready to jazz out on what ever happens lol.
Redlaw

Postby jesi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Would be nice if we could plant the healing herbs in garden pots. Cannot plant waybroad.
[quote="hazzor"]
it's this issue of people mistaking convenience for laziness or "casual" gameplay, . . . there is no reason why not to have sacks . . .
jesi

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:38 pm

jesi wrote:Would be nice if we could plant the healing herbs in garden pots. Cannot plant waybroad.

You can plant yarrow. It's to keep foraging relevant in the longterm.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Lazun123 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:20 am

So haven is no longer a hardcore game?
Lazun123

PreviousNext