Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frolick in the Camomile

Postby DeadlyPencil » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:52 pm

jorb wrote:Can't be tested if we forget to write it down for implementation. We had discussed it at length.

Thank you for doing science!

Whats this? you want to give a cape because you feel bad for causing a peaceful villager to think he could leave his walls for the first time this world, only to realize you had lied to them and he died anyways? oh how kind of you. should I get them to pm you?
DeadlyPencil

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:a peaceful villager leave his walls for the first time this world

DeadlyPencil wrote:combat alt

haha xD

jorb wrote:Please tread carefully when experimenting with this implementation. It is new, and there may, as always, be bugs or unconsidered edge cases that can cause actual death.

He didn't lie, shut uppp, you're not getting a cape!!
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loftar » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 pm

Sevenless wrote:Can aoe abilities hit downed players?

Generally speaking, any combat ability can only hit targets that you either have or can create a combat relation with, which is not possible with knocked-out players.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:03 pm

loftar wrote:
Sevenless wrote:Can aoe abilities hit downed players?

Generally speaking, any combat ability can only hit targets that you either have or can create a combat relation with, which is not possible with knocked-out players.

"Graphic Calls for Shading
Graphic Calls for Draw/Animations (Smoke)
Then in multiple people situations it is from multiple player rendering with attempting to render multiple small animations on every character
the shading and animations such as hearth fires
and kiln smoke
It draws like 100 splashes each iteration on a small area to create smoke which = insane fps drop."

These are causes for lag according to a dude, maybe it helps

uhh... wrong thread

whatever
NOOBY93

Postby Ysh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:56 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:
jorb wrote:Can't be tested if we forget to write it down for implementation. We had discussed it at length.

Whats this? you want to give a cape because you feel bad for causing a peaceful villager to think he could leave his walls for the first time this world, only to realize you had lied to them and he died anyways? oh how kind of you. should I get them to pm you?

I think he should get not cape. But for situation like these, you can added some new item. Looks as axe handle and name is ''Jorb's Hard Rod.'' Then player can know and prove to the fellows that he has been shafted. Item have no effects.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Ysh wrote:
DeadlyPencil wrote:

I think he should get not cape. But for situation like these, you can added some new item. Looks as axe handle and name is ''Jorb's Hard Rod.'' Then player can know and prove to the fellows that he has been shafted. Item have no effects.

I really want to get Jorb's hard rod tbh
NOOBY93

Postby tigerlrg245 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:08 am

NOOBY93 wrote:2. Drinking while running, so you don't die so easily while outnumbered

Filthy chugger.
Might as well add a praise the sun animation and place signs near dead noobs that say "good job skeleton!"
also add new pose skill with and wolf ring and call it haven and souls holy shit I would play that lol

Ysh wrote:I think he should get not cape. But for situation like these, you can added some new item. Looks as axe handle and name is ''Jorb's Hard Rod.'' Then player can know and prove to the fellows that he has been shafted. Item have no effects.

lol

Excited to see how new change will work out.
personally I never really see other players so i'm more excited about new foragables but we'll see how it affects other players.
also do you get the option to just wake up where you are and move? or do you have to log off / teleport? and can people hit you after 30 seconds pass?
tigerlrg245

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:28 am

tigerlrg245 wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:2. Drinking while running, so you don't die so easily while outnumbered

Filthy chugger.
Might as well add a praise the sun animation and place signs near dead noobs that say "good job skeleton!"
also add new pose skill with and wolf ring and call it haven and souls holy shit I would play that lol

Ysh wrote:I think he should get not cape. But for situation like these, you can added some new item. Looks as axe handle and name is ''Jorb's Hard Rod.'' Then player can know and prove to the fellows that he has been shafted. Item have no effects.

lol

Excited to see how new change will work out.
personally I never really see other players so i'm more excited about new foragables but we'll see how it affects other players.
also do you get the option to just wake up where you are and move? or do you have to log off / teleport? and can people hit you after 30 seconds pass?

Nobody can attack you until you wake up. You can wake up as normal. After 30 seconds though, you can teleport to HF (or log off)
NOOBY93

Postby tigerlrg245 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:41 am

NOOBY93 wrote:Nobody can attack you until you wake up. You can wake up as normal. After 30 seconds though, you can teleport to HF (or log off)

Sweet, thanks for clarification.

(Dirty chugger)
tigerlrg245

Postby SpareAlchemist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 am

Jacobian123 wrote:
SpareAlchemist wrote:Boiz. any info about injury "something broken" ?
How to cure it or will it heal on itself? I don't see it on wiki, so i suppose it's a new one. And the description doesn't say a word about effects and ways to heal it.

Screenshot it for us please?

Here
Attachments
1234.jpg
1234.jpg (186.64 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
SpareAlchemist

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements