Game Development: Runs Like Wind

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Runs Like Wind

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 am

Redlaw wrote:I love the melding idea, but it should have a limit like 10 divided by the melders will (so 10 will means no melding. 20 will means you can meld two curos ect...)

Too lenient given the current stats in world. Probably possible to get several hundred will without really trying for the big guys, 1-2k will if it has good pies available for it like the other stats do.

Something along these lines sure, but we gotta watch how much we up LP gain without trivializing it entirely. Worth noting that most skills have an upper limit on usefulness (which is something I'd like to see change tbh, but eh).
Last edited by Sevenless on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Muffet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 am

Redlaw wrote:I love the melding idea, but it should have a limit like 10 divided by the melders will (so 10 will means no melding. 20 will means you can meld two curos ect...)

Will doesn't seen to fit that, Lore would make more sense
Muffet

Postby viznew » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 am

Kaios wrote:
loftar wrote:
viznew wrote:wish was like in set postion not pick up

Isn't that exactly how it is?

Is it? I think he means that they should re-appear in the same spots you found them at originally or stay in those spots and don't disappear idk which. The few minutes I had of trying them out makes it seem like they randomly appear which is fine to me though.

Also I too think these mega curios plus icicle combination will be way overpowered and no the experience cost isn't that large of a concern for kingdoms.

at least with the hidding grass id like them to not dissapper always visable mabye even multi people hidden in grass is possiable (all in grass can see others lol)
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:07 am

Muffet wrote:

Why not sqrt(will*lore)? Both need more uses, and both are tangentally related to magic already.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Grog » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am

jorb wrote:
Thedrah wrote:can there be a limit to melding like sqrt(will/10) or lore? this seems too much

Not a bad idea!

Wouldn't binding it to stats making the gap between high tier chars and low tier chars just bigger?

I'm missing serious downsides to the melding process so far. You can basically grind as many easy-to-get-curios and stack them.

The increase of weight is a joke on low weight curios (dragonflys and the such), and the increased study time is encouraging more alting around (which i don't think is your goal).
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Thedrah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am

what about gildings or food? feel like they could get 'meld'ing added to them. maybe another cost like a cheap exp price that multiplies for gildings/food
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Flyrella » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am

Bad update :(
Flyrella

Postby Redlaw » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:09 am

Sevenless wrote:
Muffet wrote:

Why not sqrt(will*lore)? Both need more uses, and both are tangentally related to magic already.

that sounds good, just trying to keep it small over all. I love the idea, but work should add to more benefits. Not just random merging. But I love to make curos better when I upgrade ect...
Redlaw

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 am

I think that this kind of potentially ruins fate curios as well...

I mean, you can always meld them too - of course - but it's arguably better to just meld a bunch of dragonflies.

I'm honestly very worried with the curio thing right now, it's kind of... very good for the people walling Icicles, botting and having huge farms and increases the gap between strong players and weak players even more. I'm pretty sure this was not the intention :P
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Muffet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 am

Grog wrote:
jorb wrote:
Thedrah wrote:can there be a limit to melding like sqrt(will/10) or lore? this seems too much

Not a bad idea!

Wouldn't binding it to stats making the gap between high tier chars and low tier chars just bigger?

I'm missing serious downsides to the melding process so far. You can basically grind as many easy-to-get-curios and stack them.

The increase of weight is a joke on low weight curios (dragonflys and the such), and the increased study time is encouraging more alting around (which i don't think is your goal).

Leaving the melding without more time added to it would encourage it even more, just put a bunch of melded curios on a alt desk and check again after three days.
Muffet

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements