Game Development: Runs Like Wind

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Runs Like Wind

Postby ctopolon3 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:13 am

meld = bots rules
ctopolon3

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 am

Grog wrote:The increase of weight is a joke on low weight curios (dragonflys and the such), and the increased study time is encouraging more alting around (which i don't think is your goal).

I'm guessing the intention was to make less used curios more attractive due to being spammable? Like lets say seashells? It would also allow low level players a bit more agency in production spamming to get their initial skills during the early lag times. But it speeds everything up equally barring some kind of modifier like "only found curios can benefit from this, not crafted". I know most endgame curios are crafted (but I'm not 100% sure).

I'd need to see some endgame studies to confirm, but that might be a sensible limit to put on it so it doesn't just catapult factions further ahead. Would also give value to curios like bluebells, because factions could combine those in a similar way to how ant queens work.
Last edited by Sevenless on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bamump2k9 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 am

why not just have the crafted curios be the ones that meld, why does it have to be every single one of them?
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Redlaw » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 am

I really do love the idea a lot, just want it resited a little. Makes some stats more worth it lol.
Redlaw

Postby Muffet » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 am

ctopolon3 wrote:meld = bots rules

Anything that is unique and require repetitive work makes botting good, Natural resources and fate curios being an old example
Muffet

Postby sMartins » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 am

Neat....I think this kind of stuff is what the game need now, gameplay features. Well done, combined with the push out thing will be lot of fun.
I suggest also to reconsider the WASD thing and maybe also a quick way (hotkey) to pick up forageable, etc...a easier feeling and more game style with controls could enhance the gameplay a lot and appeal more people.
Personally I don't mind that much about the WASD thing (still usefull in small places) but I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that.

P.S. With the WASD thing plus an hotkey to peek up forageable people could even explore the world with a controller + some external software, just saying
Last edited by sMartins on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Thedrah » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:17 am

from what i saw, melding added lp and exp with no diminishing or increasing. the time and weight increased by a % i think additively

i think the curios will shift to what is cheap to produce (or mass produce) and has good lp/exp ratio. if it stays as is

maybe some diminishing return on the lp/exp ratio
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:17 am

sMartins wrote:Neat....I think this kind of stuff is what the game need now, gameplay features. Well done, combined with the push out thing will be lot of fun.
I suggest also to reconsider the WASD thing and maybe also a quick way (hotkey) to pick up forageable, etc...a easier feeling and more game style with controls could enhance the gameplay a lot and appeal more people.
Personally I don't mind that much about the WASD thing (still usefull in small places) but I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate that.

Exists in custom clients, I don't tend to use it though. I prefer harvesting from the minimap, makes things a lot more clickable.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby TheNater » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 am

Server has been down for ~20 minutes now. Think they're rolling back the curio change?
TheNater

Postby Sevenless » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 am

TheNater wrote:Server has been down for ~20 minutes now. Think they're rolling back the curio change?

They have to roll it, or remake it. It's broken beyond reasonable use right now. Like, too overpowered to let it be tested.

Stuff happens.
Last edited by Sevenless on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements