Game Development: Winged Mannequin

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Winged Mannequin

Postby nardyman8501 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:51 am

Pretty badass I have to admit
Think like men of action.
Act like men of thought.
Live life with intensity
and a passion for excellence.

---Gen. James Mattis
nardyman8501

Postby MrGemini » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:58 am

I believe i can flyyyyyy?

/pras!
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby blank » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 pm

does the hussar wings reduce pony power cunsumption as mentioned in the post where the idea came from?
blank

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:24 pm

blank wrote:does the hussar wings reduce pony power cunsumption as mentioned in the post where the idea came from?

No.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:37 pm

I assume that there will be some changes to how the game looks if graphic handling is really being completely rewritten? Maybe some fancier shaders/shadows and stuff?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby svino » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Can we please remove the feature where mounted players insta kill swans without even having to attack them?

I feel like we're missing out of some fun with the swan escape mechanics. And i feel that it will be much more fun early world to actually kill swans in combat, instead of just taming clover ponies to farm them for these new nice wings.
svino

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:55 pm

svino wrote:Can we please remove the feature where mounted players insta kill swans without even having to attack them?

I feel like we're missing out of some fun with the swan escape mechanics. And i feel that it will be much more fun early world to actually kill swans in combat, instead of just taming clover ponies to farm them for these new nice wings.

Instead of suggesting ways to force people to hunt the conventional way, how about we suggest ways to make the conventional way viable and fun. I'm all for bug abuse for hunting because hunting is absolute T R A S H.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby DamJNeT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Not to mention, as a new solo and non experimented player, hunting will take days/weeks to attain. And going trial and error isn't really an option with the wound system. Add to this the fact that it's pretty hard to find information on how to hunt this world compared to last ones... hmmmm... yeaaaa
DamJNeT

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:45 pm

There's all kinds of information on how to hunt in "How Do I?," but you might need to do a bit of searching for some of the tidbits. Nobody has attempted to compile and archive all the tips and tricks that I'm aware.

Mostly, it involves ways of keeping a combat relationship without taking more than a hit at a time before clearing out all openings, and ways of keeping the target from running off.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby fallout » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:49 am

mother pearl on a wall
fallout

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements