Game Development: Ghost Sombrero

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ghost Sombrero

Postby Zbyx » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:36 am

jorb wrote:Image

[*] I'm considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

I think that idea is not bad for sure but if you decide to implement it then please tell it to people some time before you make it happen, so that they could take some action before griefers will come to steal all their stuff.

Zbyx

Postby Ukhata » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:16 am

what happens if you build a house on lvl5, make a cellar in it. and then build a mine hole in that? does it link back up to lvl 1?
Ukhata

Postby Florentine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:22 pm

I do not like the idea of bashable pallisades.

They decay fast after the shield is down and that is good as it is. So many people play as hermits, when they go on vaccation or on a break, all will be lost when they come back because of bashable pallisades.
With the existing system they can repair their pallisade and fill up the claim shield after a break. I like it as it is. And i find it reasonable.

Next negative aspect: What about mining holes? You need to be busy to feed all claims on every level. For a hermit: Not easy to manage because you have to do all the other work alone.

It would help the big villages to get bigger - but for hermits it will turn out bad.
We all like your game jobtar and we, the hermits, want a chance to play that game too - even as hermits.

Last nights patch is nice, thank you for the new axe!

One small suggestion: it would be great if beetroot, onion, pumpkin and carrots would automatically stockpile when you harvest them. That would make the game perfect for me. And it would be great if that would work with mullberry leaves too.
Florentine

Postby MrGemini » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:57 pm

What the...
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Zbyx wrote:
jorb wrote:I'm considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!

I think that idea is not bad for sure but if you decide to implement it then please tell it to people some time before you make it happen, so that they could take some action before griefers will come to steal all their stuff.

You did catch the part about "claim shield is down" meaning the claim is considered abandoned or has already been sieged to 0?

Might be a good idea if everyone uses this link and discusses it in C&I so it's all in one place. viewtopic.php?f=48&t=54041
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby creeperus » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:20 pm

jorb wrote: [*] I'm considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!
Shield down - no authority or because siege?
creeperus

Postby Schattengaenger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:33 pm

2d0x wrote:
Nikixos wrote:I thought you added more hats :/

Tin foil hat, for example; so that Nidbane didn't read the thoughts %)

Don't forget to stuff them with straw
Schattengaenger

Postby 2d0x » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:56 pm

Florentine wrote:...One small suggestion: it would be great if beetroot, onion, pumpkin and carrots would automatically stockpile when you harvest them. That would make the game perfect for me. And it would be great if that would work with mullberry leaves too.

Perhaps a basket for harvesting?
Image or Image

Or a linen/canvas bag?

The size of the stockpile, like a wheelbarrow.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Tammer » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:05 am

jorb wrote:[*] Made it so that you may now place waterskins and flasks in toolbelts. Suggested here.

I cannot get a waterflask to go into a Hunter's Belt or a Grand Belt.
Tammer

Postby Colin500 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 am

jorb wrote:Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Made it so that you may now build Mineholes in cellar.

Colin500

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements