Game Development: Ghost Sombrero

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Ghost Sombrero

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:09 pm

2d0x wrote:
The size of the stockpile, like a wheelbarrow.

Some sort of cloth/hemp sack would be nice instead of going straight into inventory/on the ground, but how about just harvesting straight into a wheelbarrow. Only two problems then: 1) sorting through it if you have different qualities; 2) beets and other crops that have more than two types of products on harvest (straw, plant fiber)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby dafels » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:17 pm

can't wait to see what's the big update about!!!
dafels

Postby 2d0x » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:05 pm

MagicManICT wrote:1) sorting through it if you have different qualities;

Sort manually, if necessary and there is no empty capacity.
MagicManICT wrote:2) beets and other crops that have more than two types of products on harvest (straw, plant fiber)

Scale-beam (by analogy with a belt, with two cells for baskets or buckets; 8L or 3R or 6R):

A cloth bag, for example, can be placed in the inventory, occupying 3x4 cells.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:14 am

this is prob 1 of my fav updates tbh sooooo goood!!!
ChildhoodObesity

Postby styfro » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am

jorb wrote:Image

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Made it so that you can now put hats on Nidbanes, by holding a hat, and right-clicking the Nibane as it travels to its target. The hat will drop to the ground when the Nidbane dies, and then functions as any hat would. You cannot otherwise retreive the hat while the Nidbane still lives. If the Nidbane is successful it will try to return the hat to its Dolmen. Mileage may vary on how well the hat actually sits on the Nidbane. Critical suggestion made here.
  • Added "Exquisite Belt", belt, contains 2x2 tools. Also made it so that this belt, and the old "Grand Belt", can both be unequipped even when they contain tools.
  • Added "Woodsman's Axe", chops trees faster. Suggested here.
  • Added Cucumber stockpile.
  • Added Hopcone stockpile.
  • Added "Cucumber Salsa", food.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Fixed a peculiar bug by which being in combat with a Nidbane would crash the client. No idea why it hasn't been reported before, or if I've missed it, or if we somehow introduced it now, or what.
  • Made it so that you may now build Mineholes in cellar.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Should now, when mining, better determine which tile the character should walk to depending on where you clicked to mine.
  • Made it so that you can tether animals to mine supports and stone columns. Suggested here.
  • Made it so that Adder bites peak at somewhat random sizes, rather than deterministically.
  • Buffed Wonderful Wilderness Wurst significantly. Suggested here.
  • Buffed Patterend Embroidery. Suggested here.
  • Buffed Enthroned Toad. Suggested here.
  • Buffed Golden Tooth, and Deer Antlers.
  • Buffed Buttersteamed Cavebulb. Suggested here.
  • Anyone with vandalism permissions on a claim may now destroy Hearth fires on that claim. Suggested here.
  • Added a short timer when emptying barrels/cisterns, to prevent volatility.
  • Made it so that you may now place waterskins and flasks in toolbelts. Suggested here.
  • Added one piece of string to Bunny slipper recipe, as suggested here. (Forgot to push this change. Will be fixed next server restart).
  • You may now inspect tar kilns to find out how long they have left to burn. Suggested here.
  • Lucky Rabbit's foot can be placed on walls.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Small patch, as we've spent most of our dev time this week on that same bigger thing(tm) hinted at in the last patch.
  • The main dev focus is the client rendering rewrite.
  • I'm considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?

Enjoy!

why is sombreoro why
whatv is signatuer
styfro

Postby tyrtix » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Very nice patch, also i like the idea of a sack for gathering, will propose in C&I
tyrtix

Postby lanna » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:26 am

However nice the changes made to fix current things, or add new items to the game are, when do you plan on making the game worth playing after the first few months of every new world? I mean how many years have you been working on this game and you have not figured out what it needs is content other than grinding qlty. you have been given so many good suggestions on this but seem to ignore all of them and yet obviously have no ideas of your own.
lanna

Postby calebsnow » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:09 am

lanna wrote:However nice the changes made to fix current things, or add new items to the game are, when do you plan on making the game worth playing after the first few months of every new world? I mean how many years have you been working on this game and you have not figured out what it needs is content other than grinding qlty. you have been given so many good suggestions on this but seem to ignore all of them and yet obviously have no ideas of your own.

Rip Jorb, Rip Loftar.
they were good lads
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
calebsnow

Postby maze » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:49 am

lanna wrote:However nice the changes made to fix current things, or add new items to the game are, when do you plan on making the game worth playing after the first few months of every new world? I mean how many years have you been working on this game and you have not figured out what it needs is content other than grinding qlty. you have been given so many good suggestions on this but seem to ignore all of them and yet obviously have no ideas of your own.

Cause they are still working on bridges.
EVERY UPDATE IS FOR BRIDGES!
YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!
EVERYTHING. IS. FOR. BRIDGES.
#MakesHnHGREATagainwithBRIDGES!
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby tyrtix » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:25 am

maze wrote:Cause they are still working on bridges.
EVERY UPDATE IS FOR BRIDGES!
YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND!
EVERYTHING. IS. FOR. BRIDGES.
#MakesHnHGREATagainwithBRIDGES!

That's too was from wurm online, right? years in making bridges... at least Haven already have sheeps... heheh
tyrtix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements