Game Development: Credobility

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Credobility

Postby MrBunzy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 pm

My problem with quests was that you had no idea how far away new quest destinations were. Some could be a 10 minute walk, while others would be several hours away. Walking back and forth between talking trees for a quest isn't the worst anti-botting activity I can think of, but the reward should be proportional to the amount of distance you need to walk, not just totally random.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby SacreDoom » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 pm

To fix the questgiver problem, I suggest giving the trees/rocks a "hardness" equal to that of a milestone to avoid naked alts breaking/chopping them, or make it so you can't kill them if your char doesn't have druidic rite. You could then add a new hearth magic spell, "banish nature spirit" or somesuch, which would cost 1-2k XP and remove the questgiver property from the tree/rock. That way they can be removed if they're truly a nuisance, but spamming the removal of them would require significant tedium.
SacreDoom

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:50 pm

I've considered making it a crime to kill quest givers.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby calebsnow » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:51 pm

quests should give some exp
other then that i like it
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
calebsnow

Postby jordancoles » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:57 pm

So could you theoretically drop a rabbit and then agro it to get a speed boost while chasing a victim in PVP?
Could you also punch a fox to make it flee and then pursue it in the direction you want?

Also, could you m8 in the ganksquad who is ahead of you drop a toad so that you could que a move on it and catch up quicker?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loftar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:59 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Lost a shit-ton of them early game and then I just decided to give up on quests.

Do you reckon the reason for this might have been that people knew that they were your questgivers specifically and cut them down to slow down your progress, rather than being an intrinsic problem?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 am

jordancoles wrote:So could you theoretically drop a rabbit and then agro it to get a speed boost while chasing a victim in PVP?

You could already do that with rabbit slippers. I assume the rest of it works too.

Also looking back just noticed the increased swimming for fishing credo. That thing's probably going to be required to PvP, but it's whatever.

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Lost a shit-ton of them early game and then I just decided to give up on quests.

Do you reckon the reason for this might have been that people knew that they were your questgivers specifically and cut them down to slow down your progress, rather than being an intrinsic problem?

Possibly. I'm pretty sure people cut quest-givers down around enemy's territory. But I know a lot of different people complained about it, so it wouldn't be just me being spited.
DDDsDD999

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 am

What counts as a "herb"?

Bluebells? Edels?
Or just planter's pot stuff
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby romovs » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:23 am

Code: Select all
Pick waybroad
Bring a blood stern to X
Pick whitebeam fruits

Do you have a pregenerated list of quest lines or are item names get substituted randomly?
Could we get the whole list (even if it's just the format strings)? It's going to a bitch to translate them to other languages otherwise. :(
romovs

Postby ricky » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:44 am

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
[*] In order to complete a Credo you need to complete 10 quests per Credo you already have, so 10 for the first Credo, 20 for the second, and 30 for the third, and so on. The five special abilities of each Credo are linearly unlocked for every fifth of the total questline you complete. The number of quests you need to complete is reduced by ten every time you die, to the initial minimum of ten.
[*] Completed Credos are inherited in their entirety when you die.
[*] Initiating the pursuit of a Credo costs an amount of LP proportional, again, to the amount of Credos you already have, and the number of times you have died.

New meta for new characters: complete one credo, go swimming to reset to 10 quests, repeat.

Correct me if i'm wrong, are you saying you need 10 quests per credo or 10* # of credos

would a level 5 farmer take 50 quests or 10+20+30+40+50=150 quests?

anyways, this is a pretty darn cool update and I really hope you expand on it vastly. I would really enjoy seeing certain skills stuck behind credo walls, or even certain fish/plants/animals only obtainable by certain levelled characters
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements