Game Development: Mystic Farmer

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mystic Farmer

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:53 pm

Ohhh, looking good ... the mystic one is appealing ... :)

@ Granger ... the majority of players are not going to start making an alt for every new credo that comes out ... surely? ... and anyway if they are going to become available dependant on which credos you have completed previously then that prevents escaping the cost anyway.

GamingRAM wrote:If it isn't already a thing, can snowmen be repairable?

+1 :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Granger wrote:Given that the cost of obtaining Credos increase with the amount one already has, but the benefit from then dosn't increase I honestly see them as a step back when in regard to alts. It's cheaper to produce a farmer and a tree remover than one character that can do both. IMHO a bad direction.

It's a leap forward as far as meaningful distinction between characters goes, though. One character should not be able to easily perform every task. Honestly, if someone wants to invest the time to complete 30 tedious quests per character to have a farming alt or a treecutting alt, more power to them.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Granger wrote:Given that the cost of obtaining Credos increase with the amount one already has, but the benefit from then dosn't increase I honestly see them as a step back when in regard to alts. It's cheaper to produce a farmer and a tree remover than one character that can do both. IMHO a bad direction.

While I see your point, it seems that point could be applied to anything that implies character specialization. Also to offset that effect is the fact that most credos need some stats (eg. Farming) to actually take advantage of their effects, and that that gives economizing effects to keep everything on one character, not to mention also all the double credos they'd have to acquire because of the credo-tree. Not sure yet how it will turn out.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 pm

my lumberjack one isnt showing up and i know someone whose farming credo isnt showing uP!!1
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:Image
my lumberjack one isnt showing up and i know someone whose farming credo isnt showing uP!!1

Suspect you need the hunting credo to pursue the lumberjack one.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:my lumberjack one isnt showing up and i know someone whose farming credo isnt showing uP!!1

Farmer depends on Forager.
Lumberjack depends on Hunter and Forager.
Mystic depends on Fisherman and Forager.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 pm

my autism is flaring up
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Gensokyo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:11 pm

are these completely RNG based
I had level 2 forager ask me to find 3 glimmers, craft a perc artifact, do a flip and cure cancer, whilist a level 5 forager one told me to pick up a branch and hit an ant

also if bonuses are based on levels, I suggest making the already gotten bonuses green because it was really confusing at first
Gensokyo

Postby loftar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Gensokyo wrote:are these completely RNG based

Not completely; there is a certain bias to more and more difficult tasks towards the end, but there is certainly enough randomness to it that the progression doesn't have to be strict.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:14 pm

loftar wrote:
Gensokyo wrote:are these completely RNG based

Not completely; there is a certain bias to more and more difficult tasks towards the end, but there is certainly enough randomness to it that the progression doesn't have to be strict.

Yeah, my 9th and final foraging quests were "pick a walnut," and "pick a cavebulb." It's all over the place.

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements