Game Development: Grasshopper Previews

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grasshopper Previews

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 am

At first I wasn't sure how I felt about such big exclusivity of critters in each biome....

But now that there's more I'm really appreciating it. More biome exclusive critters = more diversity.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Reyajh » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:02 am

loftar wrote:
Reyajh wrote:it switches direction on you when trying to locate a tree, at least for me. If this is not client related (Using Amber), please fix.

It's only a bug with :cam bad, which is not supported. May look into it, but it's not a priority for me.

Ah. So just switching camera modes (Shift+c in Amber) seems to work good enough for me. Thxs! :P
Just my .O2... Taste, drink.., like/hate...
Jorb: "Oh, don't you worry. We're gonna take care of the pepper situation!" ¦]
Reyajh

Postby Wonderful » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:04 am

Grasshoppers should be able to be ground into flour so that those gluten free hearthlings out there have food options. :D :D :D

Wonderful

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 am

Wonderful wrote:Grasshoppers should be able to be ground into flour so that those gluten free hearthlings out there have food options. :D :D :D

Mmm... Leaping yummy! Better just fry until crunch %)

...or can make lollipops:

Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Redlaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:26 am

what terrain do they spawn on?
Redlaw

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 am

Grasshopper... Grass, I suppose.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Wonderful » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:38 am

2d0x wrote:Grasshopper... Grass, I suppose.

Didn't you know you fish for them? They require chum as bait and a quality 100+ rod for a 3% chance.
Wonderful

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 am

widelec_szatana wrote:Pls make grasshoppers available as fishbait

Ah, right, meant to do that, but forgot. Will fix, thanks.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:35 am

I opened the thread, saw the pic and for an excited moment I thought we had purple stone, bit on the bright side tho, lol ... talking of which, I did some research, :) , and you can get various types of blue and purple stone, pls Jorb consider giving us a dark blue and purple colour stone in a future update. :)

A preview system is definitely handy in determining which mats go where but tbh I was hoping any kind of preview tool would be more like Apxs tool and show the finished effect or even one that showed amounts of materials, but it is ofc still a welcome addition.

We are considering making it so that you, using a store sketch, can reset a variable material slot on an already existing building to a material of your choice. Let us know what you think about that!

Now this, this is something that I can get excited about! Pls, pls, do this! It is sooo disheartening on a big build when you have made a mistake in calculations or error or even simply that the effect of the material isn't as you expected ... I wanted to move when I made that awful tower last world, lol, but I couldn't because everything else was already established, I had to look at it everyday for the rest of the world ... :(
You would most definitely get a bit more of my money with this. :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby algorithm » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am

What is the biome of grasshoopers? Grass? What kind of? I did spend like an hour to find them - no results!
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements