Game Development: Grasshopper Previews

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grasshopper Previews

Postby jorb » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:01 am

Grasshoppers are not active during the day. They are most active around dusk and dawn, and occasionally at night.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Swordfire » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am

I like the idea of being able to change already built buildings but I doubt it will make me want to buy the sketchbook thingy

Heck there are plenty of convenience items I would love to see in the store like say

1) a "FlatPack" that converts liftable items into inventory items for easier trading thru a barterstand

2) a BasePlate that allows teleporting of villagers within a village without the hassle of keys or dodging stockpiles of crap

3) a magic wardrobe that can be summoned anywhere (as long as I am not in an active fight or whatnot) for easy gear changing

4) a magical chest for storing paintings and other decorative trinkets so I dont have to remake them every freaking new world!

The real issue is I dont want to invest in something that will simply be deleted to make room for "The Next World"

Overall this update is slightly better than the rehash quest credo updates: B+
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Swordfire

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:59 am

Swordfire wrote:I like the idea of being able to change already built buildings but I doubt it will make me want to buy the sketchbook thingy

Heck there are plenty of convenience items I would love to see in the store like say

1) a "FlatPack" that converts liftable items into inventory items for easier trading thru a barterstand

2) a BasePlate that allows teleporting of villagers within a village without the hassle of keys or dodging stockpiles of crap

3) a magic wardrobe that can be summoned anywhere (as long as I am not in an active fight or whatnot) for easy gear changing

4) a magical chest for storing paintings and other decorative trinkets so I dont have to remake them every freaking new world!

The real issue is I dont want to invest in something that will simply be deleted to make room for "The Next World"

Overall this update is slightly better than the rehash quest credo updates: B+

no to all of these IMO.

Convenience stuff for giving money should exclusively be making it easier to do things you could already do for free, like just more inventory, making sketches without plants, etc.

If paying money gave you actual useful content that you can't get without paying, the game would slowly turn into a freemium
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Fostik » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:22 pm

Guise post screeens of new things pls!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Wonderful » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 pm

Not a fan of grasshoppers giving will as their main. But I guess it was important for there to be more will adding foods.
Wonderful

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 pm

And you can put it on a wall ... :)

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm

Pls excuse double post ....

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby jacksonblu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm

You've already added being able to change materials on existing buildings, why not extend that to being able to replace sketches on shields, capes, knarrs, etc. as well?
jacksonblu

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm

algorithm wrote:What is the biome of grasshoopers? Grass? What kind of? I did spend like an hour to find them - no results!

The mini-map does not show grasshoppers, but their chirring is audible.

In this biome I also found grasshoppers:
Last edited by 2d0x on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby hed9870 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:22 pm

What is the requirement before you can start quarryman? I think it's silly that there is something that should come before it. Quarryman should be the basis of all mining/smelting related credos.
hed9870

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements