Game Development: Etch-a-Sketch

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Etch-a-Sketch

Postby Swordfire » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:01 am

So how do "Sketchbook Pages" work?

Are they reusable or single use?

would I be able to transfer them to a new world?
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Swordfire

Postby Onep » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 am

Man, I can't wait to see how all these new additions change the early world game for foraging and such. We've seen quite a few radical changes lately! Totes excited!
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Onep » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:09 am

Swordfire wrote:So how do "Sketchbook Pages" work?

Are they reusable or single use?

would I be able to transfer them to a new world?

They're a single use item. And unused sketch books left in the hearthfire will transfer to the next world.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:41 am

Onep wrote:Man, I can't wait to see how all these new additions change the early world game for foraging and such. We've seen quite a few radical changes lately! Totes excited!

Yeah. It's pretty staggering. I've been derping around on a new character the last few days just to check it out. My old place snakes were pretty obvious. The place I spawned in to... blended right in with the terrain. :(

Creedos are going to be early game, but not really early game. The 10k needed to start the first one could be better spent on other things for the first few days to week, though I can see people jumping right on them over buying up some skills. I'm sure there's a trade-off point. (Guess it'll depend on what terrain you spawn near and what kind of curios you can gather up for that first night logged off, or at least how lucky you are with the spiritual quest lottery.)

Not sure about all the other new items. It'll certainly give a lot more variety choice early on.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:30 am

jorb wrote:Made it so that you can hang Strange Crystals, All feather types, Peculiar Flotsams, Adder Fangs, Royal Toadstools, Fishy Eyeballs, Washed-up Bladderwracks, Squirrel Tails, Ropes and Chiming Bluebells on walls. Feel free to suggest more!

ROCK CRYSTALS!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Leez03 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:44 am

jorb wrote:Made it so that you can hang Strange Crystals, All feather types, Peculiar Flotsams, Adder Fangs, Royal Toadstools, Fishy Eyeballs, Washed-up Bladderwracks, Squirrel Tails, Ropes and Chiming Bluebells on walls. Feel free to suggest more!

Please, add more possibilities to the barter stand rather than ugly item on wall :D
Leez03

Postby jordancoles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 am

Leez03 wrote:rather than ugly item on wall :D

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:22 pm

jorb wrote:I'm (still) considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!

What's the point other than to make hermits easy to raid and give an advantage to having a brick wall which most major factions have anyways. How about changing the siege system first???

Credos are the only interesting thing you've added lately from what I can tell and to be honest they aren't anything that makes me excited enough to come back and play. I've always found the quests to be quite boring so I don't really see the appeal in doing hundreds of quests for some minor bonuses.

jordancoles wrote:ROCK CRYSTALS!

Your suggestions are so lame
Kaios

Postby darkulrich » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Somehow, you guys always made me happy and not regretful of throwing a bit more money at you! Keep up! Wish you the best! ;)
darkulrich

Postby Aurelius69 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:55 pm

Last 6 months have been mind blowing with great and incisive updates all around...
For my part you've managed to get me glued to this game like a horny guy to Mila Kunis :lol:
An all around THANK YOU DEVS for a job well done so far!!! :D
Welcome to the aggravating world of Murphy's Law... "whatever can go wrong will go wrong!"
Murphy's Law taps into our tendency to dwell on the negative and overlook the positive...
It seems to poke fun at us for being such hotheads, and it uses the mathematical rules of probability to support itself.
Aurelius69

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements