Game Development: Opium Nomad

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Opium Nomad

Postby jacksonblu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:37 am

What's next, crop growth stages that are fate-based? :lol:
jacksonblu

Postby ghandhikus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:20 am

It's been like a month of asking about pali bashing. Just add it already.

Also make mother of pearl act as a pearl! It's annoying to gather mussels for hours. And let's get real, mother of pearl has a pearl in its name, and is produced by a big mussel. But can't be used in anything that uses a pearl, is this another intended behavior, that makes no sense for anybody? </triggered>

Consider stone walls for castles. Edit: preferably 2x2 walls

Also consider bigger containers, because stands quickly stop accepting bulk items. Maybe add something that accepts stockpileable items?

Silkworm racks instead of cupboards.
King of Game-design and Java Programmer
Image RIP lather ball 2017/08/24 01:21
ghandhikus

Postby Onep » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 am

Awesome! Now I can have my rampant alcoholism and drug addiction in the same MMO! 11/10
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:00 am

Onep wrote:Awesome! Now I can have my rampant alcoholism and drug addiction in the same MMO! 11/10

It's a pity that the game still does not have the opportunity to sleep under other people's palisades. Ah, and there are no hats for alms (for playing the role of a homeless person with the maximum immersion).
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:12 am

ghandhikus wrote:Also make mother of pearl act as a pearl! It's annoying to gather mussels for hours. And let's get real, mother of pearl has a pearl in its name, and is produced by a big mussel. But can't be used in anything that uses a pearl, is this another intended behavior, that makes no sense for anybody? </triggered>

You do realize that "mother of pearl" is from the built-up lining of the shells and is used for inlays and such in jewelry and decoration of luxury items? You can't really string this into a necklace (ie pearl necklace). I mean, if you want to get real about it....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ghandhikus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:23 am

MagicManICT wrote:
ghandhikus wrote:Also make mother of pearl act as a pearl! It's annoying to gather mussels for hours. And let's get real, mother of pearl has a pearl in its name, and is produced by a big mussel. But can't be used in anything that uses a pearl, is this another intended behavior, that makes no sense for anybody? </triggered>

You do realize that "mother of pearl" is from the built-up lining of the shells and is used for inlays and such in jewelry and decoration of luxury items? You can't really string this into a necklace (ie pearl necklace). I mean, if you want to get real about it....

Now think of how big that mussel is and how thick that lining is. It's made out of the same material as a pearl and is at least as thick as tiny pearl from a mussel. Or will you try to tell me that car sized mussel won't produce 5-8mm thick lining. Where small mussels have 1mm thick linings. Okay I can agree that it's not round, but has as much workable material as a pearl.

Imho it should not only be used as a single pearl but it should also count as more as one. But it takes only 1 inventory slot so I won't go for that.

Here's sticks made out of that lining.

Edit:

There is also a lot of uses for nacre. Like these tiles
Last edited by ghandhikus on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Game-design and Java Programmer
Image RIP lather ball 2017/08/24 01:21
ghandhikus

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:26 am

MagicManICT wrote:You do realize that "mother of pearl" is from the built-up lining of the shells and is used for inlays and such in jewelry and decoration of luxury items? You can't really string this into a necklace (ie pearl necklace). I mean, if you want to get real about it....

Probably, it was assumed Majorica pearl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majorica_pearl
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Adder1234 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:20 am

My favourite thing about haven is how many ways you can get high or stoned. I'm thinking of playing again just to do opium.
Adder1234

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:57 am

maze wrote:I've always wanted to be a nomad 8-)

As soon as I saw the nomad credo I thought of you. :)

I would have liked to go for it for the inventory space but unfortunately I just started the mystic credo yesterday ...

I especially like the comments in here now about dragons ... oh and right on cue ...

Adder1234 wrote:My favourite thing about haven is how many ways you can get high or stoned. I'm thinking of playing again just to do opium.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby yozzik111 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:07 am

Great! Thank you guys for this update.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements