Game Development: Heart on Fire

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Heart on Fire

Postby DaniAngione » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 am

Regarding Credos;

Perhaps it would be interesting to "Limit" the maximum number of quests and/or separate them by tiers.
For example, there are clearly tiers now (you need Credo A and B for Credo C, Credo C for Credo D, etc...

Perhaps the more advanced the 'tier', that is, a Credo that requires more credos to be unlocked, the higher the "maximum" number of quests.

So basic credos like Foraging, Fishing and Hunting could be locked to maximum 4 quests per rank, even if you already completed 2 or more credos; While more advanced credos would go beyond that maximum but still be somewhat limited to reasonable amounts.

Alternatively, the amount of quests you need for a level could "decay" over time until it rests on 2 again.
This timer could be interestingly long, like 15 RL days for the number to go down by 1. So it makes "pursuing" credos since the world start an interesting endeavor in the long run.

Of course, for either idea to work, you'd need to completely remove the benefit of dying to reset the quest counter.
This just ruins the system.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 am

DaniAngione wrote:Regarding Credos;

Perhaps it would be interesting to "Limit" the maximum number of quests and/or separate them by tiers.
For example, there are clearly tiers now (you need Credo A and B for Credo C, Credo C for Credo D, etc...

Perhaps the more advanced the 'tier', that is, a Credo that requires more credos to be unlocked, the higher the "maximum" number of quests.

So basic credos like Foraging, Fishing and Hunting could be locked to maximum 4 quests per rank, even if you already completed 2 or more credos; While more advanced credos would go beyond that maximum but still be somewhat limited to reasonable amounts.

Alternatively, the amount of quests you need for a level could "decay" over time until it rests on 2 again.
This timer could be interestingly long, like 15 RL days for the number to go down by 1. So it makes "pursuing" credos since the world start an interesting endeavor in the long run.

Of course, for either idea to work, you'd need to completely remove the benefit of dying to reset the quest counter.
This just ruins the system.

Gotta agree that something like this is probably gonna become necessary. I, as well as I'm sure many others, are and have been considering the best way to cheese credos at the start of next world. I think once things are even a bit established it's gonna be a mess of people suiciding to efficiently get all the credos they want for a main.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby shubla » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:09 am

You must have forgot to lit your pipe. As stuff inside it just remains to be in it.

How is client rendering rewrite going probably interests many.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Shadow7168 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:08 am

ghandhikus wrote:LP system
This game should get rid of need of alts. Compare it to runescape, where every skill is trained by using it. Make it so that character needs to get some experience by using a skill before LP can be spent on it. And reduce LP necessary to do so. Thanks to it, people who actually spend time on their characters will get rewarded. And we won't have pesky single stat alts fed best curio through the whole game.

It'd be nice if foods would contribute to this too.

It used to be like this, but botters would cut down all the forests and turn them into buckets, or regular players would go out on mass animal genocides, leaving the corpses as it wasn't worth it to bring them back.

ghandhikus wrote:Attribute redo
Consider FEP increasing each attribute separatelly. Having random attribute gain is a legacy thing and makes no sense in Hafen.

I think it's an interesting dynamic. Eating more filler foods means you have to eat less per point but aren't as certain about getting the one you want. Having the FEP/attribute level be that of your highest attribute I think is what contributes to dedicated alts. I mean, if your main character is a farmer and you want to start mining, say you have a couple hundred dex and 10 str, increasing dex(your highest attribute) costs the same as increasing str (presumably your lowest attribute), which is a pretty big incentive to make an alt.
Last edited by Shadow7168 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:45 am

To reiterate on a not so recent update: push-out is, in general, great and give huge QoL. Thanks for that, I really enjoy playing again!

Some issues though:
- Accessing objects (or placing stockpiles/dropping stuff) behind other objects (that just pushed out the character on the final approach to the interaction point) often fails as the character either stops to early or moves to far, directly placing again (without further moving) often succeeds for the first case.
- The system is completely blind to void tiles.

Could these get some love to make it even better, please?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Granger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Irrlight". Occasionally when dealing with fire, an igneous sprite may appear and flutter about. Mostly cute, but it can be studied, and used to light fires.

Saw one, tried to catch it but it despawned after some seconds, while being within render range.

I wonder if it's only for the younger players (or people with custom clients), as it's similar impossible to click on as dragonflies (to catch it).
Possibly port the Q key from amber (pick the nearest herb / grab the nearest item/small critter) to the official client?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby sMartins » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Granger wrote:Possibly port the Q key from amber (pick the nearest herb / grab the nearest item/small critter) to the official client?

Yeah, something i'd definately love to see soon or later .... with that feature and a keybind for movement we could even explore around with a controller, and hunt/fight... that's neat when you want to chill out.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Fostik » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:44 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Chance to pulverize tiles when mining.

What does it mean?
I will destroy a tile faster, and will have less ore?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Fostik wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Chance to pulverize tiles when mining.

What does it mean?
I will destroy a tile faster, and will have less ore?

It will mine the tile out instantly, dropping all the same ore you would have gotten from it normally.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby blank » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 pm

ghandhikus wrote:Water
Please make water scale food attributes, not increase them.

For example:

Swamp water multiplayers
cha 50%
const 25%
int 150%
will 300%

FoodA
+2 cha
+1 const

FoodB
+3 will
+2 int

with swamp water becomes

FoodA
+1 cha
+0.25 const

FoodB
+9 will
+3 int

Death and stat caps
This game needs death and stat caps. People running away like pussies from fights, whilst attacking random people the next moment. Currently there is no justice, and only frustration.

Hunger system redo
It's obvious that hunger system is utter bullcrap. People can achieve 1% hunger on the table, and eat 25-50 times as much food as other players without a bonfire and milions of alts.

LP system
This game should get rid of need of alts. Compare it to runescape, where every skill is trained by using it. Make it so that character needs to get some experience by using a skill before LP can be spent on it. And reduce LP necessary to do so. Thanks to it, people who actually spend time on their characters will get rewarded. And we won't have pesky single stat alts fed best curio through the whole game.

It'd be nice if foods would contribute to this too.

Attribute redo
Consider FEP increasing each attribute separatelly. Having random attribute gain is a legacy thing and makes no sense in Hafen.

negative, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND BUDDHA DONT COMPARE THIS TO RS. runescape is gayer than shit and they killed that game back when they got rid of the wild and pvp.
what you are suggesting would further ruin this game. fyl FEPs that you get are not random. eat the right kind of foods to get the right fep. PPL ALREADY HAVE LIKE 4-5K STATS THERE WOULD BE NO POINT UNLESS THEY DECIDED TO DO IT NEXT WORLD. that is all
blank

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements