Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Postby Adder1234 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:41 am

Would it be possible to add a slime glue recipe that would be an alternative to bone glue? It would have to include something other than just slime so that it wouldn't be too easy to get, though.
Adder1234

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Onep wrote:Turn slimes into a long burning fuel for campfires and torches.

That would be something - as long as it's limited to fuelable objects that don't modify quality, else early world could speed up a bit to fast...

Adder1234 wrote:Would it be possible to add a slime glue recipe that would be an alternative to bone glue? It would have to include something other than just slime so that it wouldn't be too easy to get, though.
[/quote]Some Glue? 5 slime + 1L water: 1 slime glue (needs to dry one day on herbalist table, is only hardcapped by it).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby yozz » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 pm

In an ongoing project we like to think of as the militarization of the Underworld

It's not nice to see less skilled communities\players struggling to get better ores while more skilled communities\players got them while the Underworld was a safer place. We have enough other ways to discourage fresh start in this world.
yozz

Postby jordancoles » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Wts slime protection services 1gq per slime (no extra charge for split slimes)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Onep » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:16 am

yozz wrote:
In an ongoing project we like to think of as the militarization of the Underworld

It's not nice to see less skilled communities\players struggling to get better ores while more skilled communities\players got them while the Underworld was a safer place. We have enough other ways to discourage fresh start in this world.

I'd hardly say that the lower level mines are a part of a fresh start.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby ven » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:56 am

yozz wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but you have to consider what it would mean for the community as a whole to lower the bar and make these things more accessible. Without small difficulties like this one, the game wouldn't be challenging enough to keep some basic social dynamic going, or even to keep people from getting too bored and unwilling to develop further.
Venator
ven

Postby yozz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 am

ven wrote:
yozz wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but you have to consider what it would mean for the community as a whole to lower the bar and make these things more accessible. Without small difficulties like this one, the game wouldn't be challenging enough to keep some basic social dynamic going, or even to keep people from getting too bored and unwilling to develop further.

Well, maybe i was rushing, and yes, first and second levels of my mine are pretty safe so we can project this fact on a new player: he can get minerals mostly without a fight..
yozz

Postby Potjeh » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:13 am

It's not so much the danger of slime as it is the annoyance. There's a reason we got bat repelling bat capes - walking through caves became more tedious than anything when bats were first implemented. Slimes are even worse than bats ever were, because they're both faster than bats (WTF?) and more common. IMO slime spawn rates should be drastically reduced.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Thedrah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:30 pm

i think we need more forageables and monsters in caves
i'm thinking small golems and troglodytes for militarizing the underground. maybe add some tameable creature for underground too
then small puddles (ground water) and crawdads

and please add 'training dummies' for people to learn combat with quests ('punch training dummy 3 times') and maybe have the training dummy attack back from the momentum of the attacks against it. wood and rope should make one
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Potjeh wrote:It's not so much the danger of slime as it is the annoyance. There's a reason we got bat repelling bat capes - walking through caves became more tedious than anything when bats were first implemented. Slimes are even worse than bats ever were, because they're both faster than bats (WTF?) and more common. IMO slime spawn rates should be drastically reduced.

I'll say again, I think a good adjustment would be to heavily cut back the spawns (instead of huge groups spawning on L4-L5 maybe 1-3 at most,) while increasing their strength scaling. They don't really get that much stronger at all as you go down.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements