Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:
I'm a bit confused tbh ... are the slimes supposed to always attack or do only the lower level ones (like l4, l5) attack?

I ask because today I finally encountered them on l2 and l3 and none of them attacked me, I could walk right up to them and walked right past a group of 3 (close up) and they just ignored me. I eventually attacked one and had no problems in any way defeating it. In fact I killed it in less time than it takes me to kill a bat, lol.

Is this normal? Only I was expecting something a lot more menacing.
Also if you encounter a group and attack one are they all supposed to attack you? Only they didn't.

This is a newish char btw, highest bit of armour is around 50q.

Like anything, they seem really inconsistent in how aggressive they are. Anecdotally, they do seem at least somewhat more aggressive on L4-L5.

Ok, thanks ... if I have time today I'll try them on L4. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Adder1234 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:42 am

With how tough the underground is now, next world gold, silver and high quality metal are going to be much more valuable.
Adder1234

Postby DreadDawson » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:01 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:
I'm a bit confused tbh ... are the slimes supposed to always attack or do only the lower level ones (like l4, l5) attack?

I ask because today I finally encountered them on l2 and l3 and none of them attacked me, I could walk right up to them and walked right past a group of 3 (close up) and they just ignored me. I eventually attacked one and had no problems in any way defeating it. In fact I killed it in less time than it takes me to kill a bat, lol.

Is this normal? Only I was expecting something a lot more menacing.
Also if you encounter a group and attack one are they all supposed to attack you? Only they didn't.

This is a newish char btw, highest bit of armour is around 50q.

Like anything, they seem really inconsistent in how aggressive they are. Anecdotally, they do seem at least somewhat more aggressive on L4-L5.

The real issue is when you mine them out of a stone, then 5-15 (yes 15) of them will attack you at once. One of our fighters took 1200 damage in about 10 seconds.
DreadDawson

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:10 pm

DreadDawson wrote:The real issue is when you mine them out of a stone, then 5-15 (yes 15) of them will attack you at once. One of our fighters took 1200 damage in about 10 seconds.

Can confirm this as well. They all spawn on top of each other, allowing every single one to attack you at once, and start attacking instantly. Within 2 seconds your green opening is almost full, and then the damage just starts pouring on. Easy to run from because they all start blocking each other once they move out of their spawn square.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DreadDawson » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:
DreadDawson wrote:The real issue is when you mine them out of a stone, then 5-15 (yes 15) of them will attack you at once. One of our fighters took 1200 damage in about 10 seconds.

Can confirm this as well. They all spawn on top of each other, allowing every single one to attack you at once, and start attacking instantly. Within 2 seconds your green opening is almost full, and then the damage just starts pouring on. Easy to run from because they all start blocking each other once they move out of their spawn square.

Running away may depend on how you've mined out your path. As mining wider means more chance for slimes, if you get blocked off by the wall of slimes you may have to fight it out. They also destroy stone/ore stockpiles that are within 3 tiles of the destroyed square. Which sucks because I lost about half a stack of direvein.
DreadDawson

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:32 pm

DreadDawson wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Like anything, they seem really inconsistent in how aggressive they are. Anecdotally, they do seem at least somewhat more aggressive on L4-L5.

The real issue is when you mine them out of a stone, then 5-15 (yes 15) of them will attack you at once. One of our fighters took 1200 damage in about 10 seconds.

Hey Dawson, it's nice to see you stayed with the game. :)

I haven't had time for gaming today but tbh after reading this and the rest of the discussion with Audiosmurf I'm sorta glad I haven't gone rushing off down to levels 4 & 5!
Think I'll wait until I can up my armour. ;)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby DreadDawson » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes, I'm slaving away in the mines for Dani. (read finding all the gold/silver his brother misses)
DreadDawson

Postby Slurmp » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:56 am

Was it intended for slimes to be fodder? Cuz I just dumped a couple into my food trough :D
Slurmp

Postby Potjeh » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:08 am

So, is there any reason why slimes are so damn fast? I think mass spawning them wouldn't be as much of a problem if you could actually outrun them. And it makes zero sense immersion wise too, how the fuck is a blob of jelly faster than a bat?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Onep » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:29 am

Potjeh wrote:So, is there any reason why slimes are so damn fast? I think mass spawning them wouldn't be as much of a problem if you could actually outrun them. And it makes zero sense immersion wise too, how the fuck is a blob of jelly faster than a bat?

I certainly feel that slimes are in need of some more tweaking. There seems to be very little counterplay to being mobbed by dozen speedy slimes.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements