Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Oozing Hot Wings

Postby hed9870 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Slimes are way too abundant on spawn. That is the main problem. If it were one or two on spawn it's not too bad. It's not like you're prepared to fight while mining. I can't speak for others but I'm not sending my miner down to mine with armor and weapon on hand. Not that anyone could reasonably defend against the openings hitting 100 within seconds anyway.
hed9870

Postby Slurmp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:26 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this...

The other day I had my first encounter with the green oozes popping out of the wall while I was mining. Unfortunately for me, my miner isn't my combat character, so when I have to fight something, I switch toons. There were 3 oozes that came out at me gnashing their teeth, so I made a mad dash for the minehole, but it was about 3 minimap grids away from where I was. I made it about half-way down that long-ass corridor before I got KO'd, I decided to build a log cabin down next to the area I'm mining in, so when this happens again, I won't be so far away from an escape. Well, I built the house last night, then today I went back down to dig for gems. Sure enough, digging right behind the house, out pop 5 green oozes.
"Ah shit!"
I make it inside, safe and sound. I message my ingame neighbor and complain that I just got attacked again, and as I'm typing to him, my screen goes black as if I'm transitioning to another area and *POOF* my miner is laying face down on the stone floor with birds flying in circles above his head and the slimes all scattered about, and no more house.

Now, I know that large animals when agro'd will destroy weak structures in between you and it, but can they bust down houses like this? or is this something only oozes can do? and were they supposed to be able to do this?
Slurmp

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:33 pm

^^ Oh wow, I knew they could break ore stockpiles but first time someone has said about a house! That's terrible imo, I mean a log cabin is probably weaker then a pile of ore but even so ... no safe place to run to. :?

I wonder if they can break stone houses ...
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Slurmp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I wonder if they can break stone houses ...

That's a good question... I imagine it's the same maybe just takes them longer.
I'll test it out. For science.
Slurmp

Postby Potjeh » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Houses have a drying period like walls IIRC.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:03 pm

^^ Oh that's right they do ... I'd forgotten that. Takes 2 or 3 days for them to reach full status.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Slurmp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Potjeh wrote:Houses have a drying period like walls IIRC.

I have to admit I forgot about that too
But does that mean if I built a fresh new house, walked into the woods and agro'd a bear or a moose and ran inside, it would smash my house too?

Edit: Nvm, I found the page with info about soak on the wiki. It would get destroyed by any animal that can do enough damage
Slurmp

Postby PhaedrothSP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:49 am

Would be an interesting experiment to see how much soak slimes can get past though.
PhaedrothSP

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 am

PhaedrothSP wrote:Would be an interesting experiment to see how much soak slimes can get past though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I thought about building a log cabin on L4 and once it's dry enticing slimes to it, but, I'm scared of dying ... but if anyone else feels like taking the risk, pls do ... :P :lol:
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 am

Amanda44 wrote:
PhaedrothSP wrote:Would be an interesting experiment to see how much soak slimes can get past though.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, I thought about building a log cabin on L4 and once it's dry enticing slimes to it, but, I'm scared of dying ... but if anyone else feels like taking the risk, pls do ... :P :lol:

If you're not at risk of dying, you're not doing proper science.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements