Game Development: Exquisite Moodog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Exquisite Moodog

Postby Myrgard » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:27 am

GamingRAM wrote:How big is the new chest?

same size as a cupboard
Myrgard

Postby Onep » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:10 am

Pretty solid patch! Can't wait to see what the big surprise is!
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:26 am

jorb wrote:
  • Strider: You feel the vibrance of the seasons, and under the soles of your feet you can sense the tremor of a single leaf falling, or of your quarry, quaking in the undergrowth at your passing. You have long wandered the Woodland Hearth, and your trade has grown to become that of a frontiersman in it, making a living in forestry, fishing, and hunting, and thus you have become a part of the wilds -- and they of you -- to the point that you now move nigh effortlessly in them, over root and crag, flowing almost like a river. They say that the first Strider was the Moon itself, racing the Sun across the firmament. Taking the Strider's Stride promises...
    • +50% Swimming.
    • Traverse ridges faster.
    • Quality bonus on wild animals killed.
    • Reduced stamina drain from running in forests.
    • +15% damage with ranged weapons.
[*] Strider depends on Fisherman and Lumberjack.

Was really hoping that there wouldn't be credos that fighters are absolutely required to take, but reduced stamina drain when running and increased ridge climbing speed seems absolutely necessary.
DDDsDD999

Postby FictionRyu » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:34 am

jorb wrote:
  • Fixed a bug by which branding irons would go cold if left in a fireplace.

I didn't realize this was a bug...I had that happen once but just because I forgot about it. Good to see it's fixed if I need to use I again.
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

Postby MrPunchers » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:01 am

Can't wait to go cromch some stalagoom and slime mmMmMMM
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Kirche » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:59 am

how to troll your friends
step 1:acquire Cave Hermit
step 2:hey bob, wanna go mining?
Kirche

Postby Ophaq » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:09 am

Cave Hermits seem too OP. So you can just become a cave hermit fighter and lure people into your base with a bunch of trolls you spawned that won't attack you? Just create an area where u can lure them as a front line so if the trolls ever cause a cave in, it won't affect your main base and you can just tunnel around the debris. Maybe even what the above comment says. Go mining with a "friend" and gain their corpse. You could even get a bunch of cave hermits near an enemies mine and possibly grief them with a bunch of trolls.

I feel that the troll neutrality thing should be removed, and instead just have a slightly lower risk of them becoming aggressive to you when spawned or walked by. They will still become aggressive like a bear would if you hang around them too long. That way they still remain a huge danger and the higher risk of spawning them feels balanced with the study % per level. Cave hermits will also become dedicated troll farmers, which could effect how fast people gain higher q stuff at late game. Not sure how that will work out.

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how this will play out. I read the updates weekly and am still waiting for the new world... However long that will take.

I'm also curious to see what you guys have been working on. I'm really hyped!
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby jordancoles » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:26 am

I'm going to enjoy that miner credo in the next world :ugeek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:26 am

These two credos seem fun, but way too overpowered.

It has always been quite nice that people move at the same rate in haven
-- Strider breaks that quite significantly..
Mystic already allowed people to study faster, but now we're going to have everyone leaving their characters in l5 vaults to study 15% faster with Cave hermit?
--That seems weird and wrong, and is also not that interesting of a buff.

It might be more interesting if credos with such powerful upsides had various downsides as well, to make it so they weren't automatically positive to obtain. At the moment these credos create an incentive to play in quite a perverse way, killing off your character after each one, etc.. (see http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=58669)
_Gunnar

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:57 am

_Gunnar wrote:It might be more interesting if credos with such powerful upsides had various downsides as well

This. It's one thing to get some useful bonuses that have no effect on PvP and player interactions, but when you start adding in such things, they need some penalties, as well.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements