Game Development: Gemology

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Gemology

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 am

jorb wrote:We are considering, especially so in light of this patch, but regardless, introducing diminishing returns when slotting the same item type in several pieces of clothing (i.e. bear tooth in everything). Let us know how you'd feel about that.

Bear tooth in everything is not OP at all. If some of the unique gems you guys added have some unique buffs other than just raw stats then I would rethink my current position. And you can just use diminishing returns on those new special gem gilds if they truly are broken in all 11 slots.
azrid

Postby maze » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:04 am

jorb wrote:We are considering, especially so in light of this patch, but regardless, introducing diminishing returns when slotting the same item type in several pieces of clothing (i.e. bear tooth in everything). Let us know how you'd feel about that.

Don't think this is a matter that should really be worryed about atm unless your adding statcaps back in.
Still till soon to think about.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:08 am

azrid wrote:Bear tooth in everything is not OP at all.

It's more that it's ugly, to be honest.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 am

loftar wrote:

Adding extra restrictions and hidden complications to an already fairly convoluted mechanic is uglier

And yeah, without stat caps it won't even matter. People are already reaching insane levels which puts them above and beyond the general playerbase by miles and a few extra points (even a few hundred extra points) wouldn't change the issue
Last edited by jordancoles on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby spawningmink » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 am

ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby loftar » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 am

There was a bug causing the server to prefer giving the largest and most naturally cut gems rather than the other way around. Fixed now.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:14 am

loftar wrote:There was a bug causing the server to prefer giving the largest and most naturally cut gems rather than the other way around. Fixed now.

Early bird catches the worm. Enjoy your ill-gotten gains, plebs!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sMartins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 am

loftar wrote:

Yeah, i think the same .... and also would be a small game by itself looking for the best combination.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 am

sMartins wrote:
loftar wrote:

Yeah, i think the same .... and also would be a small game by itself looking for the best combination.

Please stop
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby FictionRyu » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:19 am

Hm. I'm not sure if I'm so sold on this. It seems a bit.."excessive" ? Perhaps it's just me...maybe I'm just not understanding this quite as intended. I just feel as though this could be a huge lean against those that hermit but don't quite mine. Such as myself. Though this could be said that it is an incentive to go out and mine more..
I don't know..I've had an un-easy feeling about these constant updates taking up the majority of the dev time rather then whatever big thing they've been hinting at or the client optimization.
And does it really take this much consideration about walls being bashable if their is no claim shield? Or is it lack of input about it?
Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans.
FictionRyu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements