Game Development: Gemology

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Gemology

Postby Axatros » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Ooo! Noice, noice! Absolutely love this one guys!
Pixel art is and always will be better than this plastic looking Hafen you gave us here.
Axatros

Postby dafels » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Good update :)
dafels

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Results after I set out to find a gem.
Mined out all that area for one piece of trash.
Another input I had is that these things are so small and you have no idea if any of them are hidden under all the mass mined ore/rock/coal/dust you leave behind.
It would be nice to have a gem drop sound.
azrid

Postby blank » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:10 pm

azrid wrote:Results after I set out to find a gem.
Mined out all that area for one piece of trash.
Another input I had is that these things are so small and you have no idea if any of them are hidden under all the mass mined ore/rock/coal/dust you leave behind.
It would be nice to have a gem drop sound.

i agree thats why i think we should have something like this!

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=58777
blank

Postby The_Blode » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:39 pm

This is a splendid amount of content to begin with, and potentially even more that branches off of this, like a jeweler credo. Well done, every patch you drop whittles away at my plan of "wait for the client rewrite" before i get back into the game.
I'd also put my vote towards diminishing returns on multiple identical gilds, but my knowledge of the system is nowhere near that of the more experienced players, so take it how you will.
The_Blode

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 pm

Please keep gildings as they are.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sMartins » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:53 pm

The_Blode wrote:This is a splendid amount of content to begin with, and potentially even more that branches off of this, like a jeweler credo. Well done, every patch you drop whittles away at my plan of "wait for the client rewrite" before i get back into the game.
I'd also put my vote towards diminishing returns on multiple identical gilds, but my knowledge of the system is nowhere near that of the more experienced players, so take it how you will.

The client is not that bad right now like it was used to be, there are still some problems that I hope will be addressed soon or later but it's definately enjoyable.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Genabeton » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Gratitude :|
Genabeton

Postby The_Blode » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:56 pm

sMartins wrote:
The_Blode wrote:[what i said]

The client is not that bad right now like it was used to be, there are still some problems that I hope will be addressed soon or later but it's definately enjoyable.

Oh yes, I've sunk many hours into all manners of Haven/Salem and it's undoubtedly at the best it's ever been. But that's why I'm so damn excited for a big optimization boost, it's like the icing on the cake. I said for ages the push-out patch would get me right back into the mix but i was secretly hoping it would force a world reset and now i'm secretly hoping the same for the rewrite pls no bully
The_Blode

Postby Enjoyment » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:54 pm

The_Blode wrote:
sMartins wrote:
The_Blode wrote:[what i said]

Oh yes, I've sunk many hours into all manners of Haven/Salem and it's undoubtedly at the best it's ever been. But that's why I'm so damn excited for a big optimization boost, it's like the icing on the cake. I said for ages the push-out patch would get me right back into the mix but i was secretly hoping it would force a world reset and now i'm secretly hoping the same for the rewrite pls no bully

Please note, that client rewrittin won't make this game run on 120 fps on shitty PC. Most likely it won't run at all.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements