Game Development: Garden Glyph

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Glyph

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Also, credo could turn plants into domesticated variants that are somehow better (reverting to wild if planted by someone without the credo). Stuff like domestic yarrow that has 1.5x base heal amount.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:13 pm

New credo is not a problem. Problem is how useless foraging is right now.
If 3 plants being able to grow in pots completely destroy it there is something wrong.

Remove fate. Make foraging great again.
We need an update focused on foraging and adding several new unique things(that are valuable) you can find by doing this activity.
azrid

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah, but it's less work to not add something than to add something.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby blank » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Kinda agree that is ruined Foraging only bc in the begining i use to work towards getting high explore, peception and inteli, now you dont even really need explore after like 20.. so all those extra points i might put in combat to fight off slimes seeing how its easier to get curios in mine now.
blank

Postby dafels » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:54 pm

I hope this big update that has been in making for some time is gonna come with a new world hehe
dafels

Postby Gensokyo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:55 pm

azrid wrote:New credo is not a problem. Problem is how useless foraging is right now.
If 3 plants being able to grow in pots completely destroy it there is something wrong.

Remove fate. Make foraging great again.
We need an update focused on foraging and adding several new unique things(that are valuable) you can find by doing this activity.

Fate isn't a thing anymore though?
Gensokyo

Postby iamahh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:11 pm

fix Credo suicide exploit, add another Credo requirement, most people won't care to finish the quest
iamahh

Postby Alayah » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:25 pm

I do really like the update. It adds choice and makes the game less tedious for players that do not have that much time at hand.
Honestly if you need super rare, very tedious to get objects like bluebells to make going out worthwhile foraging is broken already. I do agree though, that additional incentives to go out are always welcome.

People who proclaim the death of foraging with this addition forget, that quests and credos already make you go out way more than before. So why not add different ways to spend time outside that are not as tedious as foraging specificly for rare stuff like bluebells? Also remember that there are probably a lot of people who get a steady supply of those super rare curios by botting. So why is it wrong, that there is an even footing now for those that dont run a forager all the time? This probably hurts the botter more, than it does the hermit that wants to trade his only bluebell for a pickaxe.
I mean it still takes some effort and time to make a decent bluebell farm now. We see more and more curiosities and choices added to the game and also some that are very powerful. Furthermore there are already very powerful curiosities ingame that are fairly easy to aquire like ant farm or abacus. So why does adding bluebells to that list break the game?

Adding to this i dont see any issue with there beeing a lot of different credos around even though you could argue that one or the other is more or less valuable. It is nice having a choice. Since credos get more and more painful to aquire we might actually see different characters have different jobs and be useful in a different way.
Alayah

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:46 pm

Potjeh wrote:Also, credo could turn plants into domesticated variants that are somehow better (reverting to wild if planted by someone without the credo). Stuff like domestic yarrow that has 1.5x base heal amount.

You could also make it so that the domesticated variants are better than the base plants, but not replantable for trouble points like chiming bluebell.

This would increase the value of foraged bluebells instead of decreasing them.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:You could also make it so that the domesticated variants are better than the base plants, but not replantable for trouble points like chiming bluebell.

This would increase the value of foraged bluebells instead of decreasing them.

I like it, very elegant!

To me the cavebulbs as well as the bluebells are a problem as well, honestly.
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements