Game Development: Garden Glyph

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Glyph

Postby jorb » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:09 am

Feel free to suggest better ideas.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Pickard » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:12 am

loftar wrote:Would be nice to fix them, but the question remains how to do so without either reintroducing their walljumping feature, or making it so that it may become impossible to get out of them without teleportation.

Leave only central door working, but working good.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:50 am

Ya, just axe this credo, it's killing what little reason there is to go outside.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 am

jorb wrote:Feel free to suggest better ideas.

I didn't feel the need to elaborate, both Granger and Gunnar, among others, have already given the reasons why it's a bad idea.

Granger wrote:First thought: Bad plan, that credo allows high-end curio, psy food and healing/symbel ingredient to be mass-farmed in high quality.

_Gunnar wrote:Read the notes - can now pot blood sterns, cavebulbs and bluebells...
The fewer useful & unique things you can only get by foraging, the worse it is - whats the point in doing it at all past early game if it can be much more conveniently replicated by gardening, at a (much) higher quality?

The point is that foraging is something tedious that nearly any player can do, so I'd like it to stay relevant, since (hopefully) there are always new people starting the game.

romovs wrote:rip trading for sprucecaps.

As for suggesting better ideas ... how often do you see me in C&I presenting ideas? That's not my forte unfortunately, I'd love to be an ideas kind of person, lol, but I'm not and neither am I a developer, all I can do is comment on whether I think an idea is a good one or not. Not being able to come up with ideas doesn't negate being able to see the flaws (or positives) in others ideas. :?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:09 am

Yeah, I can kind of see why people don't like the planting bluebells thing. It is a nice trade commodity that is accessible to almost anyone, but more likely to be found in the hands of those out foraging instead of farming at home.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Gensokyo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

While I somewhat hate credos considering their braindead repetitiveness and all around lack-of-fun, I sort of understand their requirement as both a boost and a reward to players who delve into these with a single number characters, as I'd assume getting all of these with like 30 bots/alts would be pain beyond 6 dimensions.

This on the other hand is fucking retarded, and I say that lightly because I see literally 0 reason on why this was implemented, as a basic boost to bluebells, I would've loved to see them being able to be re-planted into the gardening pots granted that you plant 1 and you only get 1 back, as newbies could've used that method to slowly build up bluebells to sell at higher values for well known factions both early game and into the late game, as q10 bluebells are literal garbage right now, but I assume the line
Doubled yield from gardening pots..
nullifies that idea. Even then, this is locked behind a later gotten credo and this method doesn't even fix the issue of bluebells being complete and utter ass at base quality value compared to nearly everything else you can craft and find, and just further pushes the concept of "never go outside" to a deeper level, I assume this is some kind of tactic to completetly and utterly by the next year wipe out any possibility of any threads popping up on moot as the time goes.

pls explain reasoning
Gensokyo

Postby jordancoles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:48 pm

The thing is that bluebells can actually reach q200+ as of today.
This means that aside from the first early-world forage there is no reason to study a q10-30 bluebell

Maybe consider leaving bluebells as fated/rare or w/e and let us grow boletes instead.

Or if you want to go the other direction you could let us grow glimmermoss too :mrgreen:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Sany_CZ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm

jorb wrote:Feel free to suggest better ideas.

Switch Chiming Bluebell for Edelweiß. It hass longer study time, so its not the best forage curio, but still pretty good.
Sany_CZ

Postby Potjeh » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:17 pm

You could replace one of the plants granted by credo with an overall garden pot speed buff. Maybe another with a bonus to quality of crafted pots. Maybe also a bonus that lets you plant any crop in garden pot, would be useful for raising trellis crop q without being OP.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Potjeh wrote:You could replace one of the plants granted by credo with an overall garden pot speed buff. Maybe another with a bonus to quality of crafted pots. Maybe also a bonus that lets you plant any crop in garden pot, would be useful for raising trellis crop q without being OP.

Yes, now those are good ideas, wish I'd thought of them .. :P .. esp the trellis crop one as trellis crops are seriously lacking.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements