Game Development: Garden Glyph

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Glyph

Postby maze » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:31 pm

Forgers are fked.
Just remake forging.
New ideas for forging in C&I.
Don't forget about bots.
Think I'll make a post later.

Farmers needed more curiosity anyhow.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby ven » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:36 pm

Alayah wrote:
I do really like the update. It adds choice and makes the game less tedious for players that do not have that much time at hand.
Honestly if you need super rare, very tedious to get objects like bluebells to make going out worthwhile foraging is broken already. I do agree though, that additional incentives to go out are always welcome.

People who proclaim the death of foraging with this addition forget, that quests and credos already make you go out way more than before. So why not add different ways to spend time outside that are not as tedious as foraging specificly for rare stuff like bluebells? Also remember that there are probably a lot of people who get a steady supply of those super rare curios by botting. So why is it wrong, that there is an even footing now for those that dont run a forager all the time? This probably hurts the botter more, than it does the hermit that wants to trade his only bluebell for a pickaxe.
I mean it still takes some effort and time to make a decent bluebell farm now. We see more and more curiosities and choices added to the game and also some that are very powerful. Furthermore there are already very powerful curiosities ingame that are fairly easy to aquire like ant farm or abacus. So why does adding bluebells to that list break the game?

Adding to this i dont see any issue with there beeing a lot of different credos around even though you could argue that one or the other is more or less valuable. It is nice having a choice. Since credos get more and more painful to aquire we might actually see different characters have different jobs and be useful in a different way.

I agree completely.

Also
>cave hermit: "omg too op gonna break the game"
>strider credo: "omg too op will break game"
> mystic credo: "omg too op"
> lumberjack credo: "not op but will destroy the wilderness anyway"
> gardener credo: "omg too op will break game"

Maybe one of the reasons for credos was to create mechanics that disrupt the perfectly static and predictable dullness of the world in the first place.
Venator
ven

Postby Fostik » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Why troll mushrooms dissapeared?
That was a good way to get psy mushroom.
A rare, hard to obtain plant, to make a cool dishes. Fuk give back!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby pietin2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:30 pm

this was a great update but since we got this update I can't plant anything in some new garden pots I made. They are filled with soil and water but won't let me plant anything in them
pietin2

Postby pietin2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:32 pm

I still have troll mushrooms. I plant them in garden pots
pietin2

Postby Granger » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm

pietin2 wrote:this was a great update but since we got this update I can't plant anything in some new garden pots I made. They are filled with soil and water but won't let me plant anything in them

Possibly you didn't add the 4 soil they require, or not enough water?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby pietin2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 pm

I thought I might not have added enough soil or water but they wouldn't let me add anymore of either soil or water
pietin2

Postby _Gunnar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Alayah wrote:This probably hurts the botter more, than it does the hermit that wants to trade his only bluebell for a pickaxe.

Sorry but this is totally incorrect - the botter literally doesn't give a shit, whereas the hermit now cannot trade his bluebell for anything. To be honest I'm not even sure if people want foraged bluebells anyway this late in the world ;)

To me a more pressing problem than bluebells is the cavebulbs, honestly - they make such a unique food and now it can be mass-produced.

Yes, there need to be better reasons to go outside, but removing ways that new players can raise themselves up doesn't seem like a great plan. I like Sevenless' suggestion.
_Gunnar

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Cavebulbs are the most common item, after bluebells, that I'm asked for when trading with higher tier players.

On a positive note, I'm liking the new curios, it's great to finally have something to do with all the slime, cave dust, cat gold and seashells. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby pietin2 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Did they take Troll mushrooms out of the game? That may be my pot issue. I just tried to plant 2 in pots and the vanished and I couldn't plant anything else in pot
pietin2

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements