Game Development: Blubber Chest

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blubber Chest

Postby Damon_Cooper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:26 pm

blank wrote:miners also need str? which you dont need for farming. it takes str to kill stuff.. Slimes just prevent nabs from rushing lvl 5 cave thats all. Not sure if anyone has realized this but it seems to me jorb and loftar are trying to sway away from alting. maybe if you had you warrior do all the work (including mining) then you wouldnt have issue?

you have to make miner have str already? go ahead and get agil and con too? problem solved for miner.

If my warrior should do all the work in his warrior gear with sword allways on hot, why do we have wardrobes/diff.clothes/gildings and so on? And again, current mechanics with slimes (only dug out from wall), is about alting, not against it. Even humble hermit as I can grow a new 200 str miner every 8 hours, while healing of old one would take 2-3 days. So miners would just become a waste material.
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby blank » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:46 pm

but the gems my friend, the gems make it worth it ;D
blank

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:05 pm

blank wrote:but the gems my friend, the gems make it worth it ;D

I'd agree, if, I could find them!

I've found two tiny minuscule ones since they were introduced, mined out a massive area where I found them, killed loads of slimes, but my 'node' had just two ... everyone else has cupboards full of them ... p'd off, jealous and gutted! :evil:

:lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby magisticus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote:
magisticus wrote:
Damon_Cooper wrote:Fix fukken slimes!
What stats and gear should "normal" miner have to survive this shit?

Firstly you need to be in armor and have weapons to mine on the lower levels, the devs have i think made it clear they want mining to have a danger element to it so we have to wrok with that.

Best to have your weapon on your toolbelt, you will get a combat cooldown when you switch to it so you have to tank through that. Switching to your weapon is easier and faster if you have it on a hotkey. Slimes attack a lot of times quickly and weakly so in my opinion you should have oak stance as your manouvre and then spam full circle at the little blighters. Be ready also to change which one you are attacking when another gets in the way.

Did u tried ur own suggestion or u just want to talk about "how could it be"?
Because 11 slimes on L5 killed my miner in 2 seconds, and switchin' weapon cd would be near 5. So, please, stop suggest how should I mine, if u never tried it on ur own.
Also, Im not talking about "huge amounts of slimes, spawned in caves and making mining impossible". Im talking specifically about 11 slimes mined out from 1 tile, their insta-agro, ability to cross each-others hit-boxes, and faster-then-running speed.
Im easily able to kill them with my warrior, but my miner just can't stand a 5 seconds. And if I have to mine in full plate armor with warrior skills - why the hell do we need miner's outfit?
Also, let's add giant crazy worms, which could spawn while harvesting crops, so we should work on our farms with warrior gear too.

Yes this is what I do and I mine quite a lot and don't have any problem with the slimes. I suggest you try mining with your warrior. Slimes on the higher levels are less hard to kill, p'raps mine there until you have enough stats to mine safely on level 5.
magisticus

Postby ctopolon3 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Damon_Cooper wrote: So we just have another "hermit should suffer, Big faction would exploit" mechanic.

hermit will not going to 5 lvl alone.
Big faction would solve anything.

but both will not use zone mining (or scripts) & watching the movie while it works
ctopolon3

Postby Damon_Cooper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Ok, the game works well with slimes then, good job, and etc.
One last question - how long since u left the game, Stasik? How's ur Albion trade empire?
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby ctopolon3 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:12 am

Damon_Cooper wrote:how long since u left the game

i was left 3 month already, but returns few days ago. Albion = boring (lvl 1-8, each take x2 time x2 resource amount), no casuality... Blade&Soul also boring (combo sys fight = good, every day to every same dungeon = bad ).... i prefer dancing with mandrake root & other small creatures, and paving dicks everywere
ctopolon3

Previous

Return to Announcements