Game Development: Smithy Butterfly

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smithy Butterfly

Postby Gensokyo » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Massa wrote:Credos, for the amount of work put into them, should be less than passive perks, but active abilities instead.

Pretty much this, the general consensus of what the perk was going to be (ala forager but with metal) that was first brought up as a joke somehow turned to reality.
I feel like these could open up a lot more being a "must have if you do X for stats + passive", and rather change peoples playstyles/allow new and alternative routes of gameplay to be taken if anything, like being able to use sledgehammers and smithy hammers as combat weapons after getting smithy credo

I like the butterflies though, here's hoping we get tons of variants with different effects in the future.
Gensokyo

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 pm

jorb wrote:I'm (still) considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!

why not? great idea imo, if u get the shield down after spending 20 hours sieging then I guess not wasting more times on catapulting palisades is good
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby spawningmink » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:04 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:I'm (still) considering following up on this suggestion, and make palisades bashable if the claim shield is down. Let me know what you think!

why not? great idea imo, if u get the shield down after spending 20 hours sieging then I guess not wasting more times on catapulting palisades is good

+1
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby sabinati » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:21 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:larp

but that's the most important thing in the game
sabinati

Postby Thedrah » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 am

imo metal beams should have another use like more stone/ores and/or quality up. otherwise 8 bars of any metal seems a tad excessive

or maybe have mine supports generate different cave fauna such as bats like wooden supports and slimes like stone supports. what if we could place stuff on the metal beams like torches/papers or just treat it as a wall
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby ctopolon3 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:04 am

jorb wrote:[*] Small chance to double output when smithing.

alt w/o DeepArtiface & Metallurgy now more effective? (2 high Q cast iron from 1 bloom) WAT?
mb add target switch for smithing (cast iron | wrought iron) like fishing switch, fot char with all skills?
and why not fix 8+1 11+1 coal if u working on blacksmith stuff
ctopolon3

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:46 am

Great sausage
Completely trumps walrus and carpenter.

Also what does the learning ability number mean?
azrid

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:50 am

jorb wrote:
  • Added "Monarch Butterfly", minor creature, curiosity.

I see the grand Monarch becoming extinct soon. Thanks jorb, for everything. :lol:

[*] While carrying an item on-hand, you may Ctrl + Right-Click to open containers and gates.

Awesome addition. Thanks.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Redlaw » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:00 am

azrid wrote:Also what does the learning ability number mean?

Thats your learning bonus from the item, Rings of Brog and Pearlnecklaces I think are the only ones that are giving said bonus and have for a long time.
Redlaw

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 am

"Metal chimes in pure notes at the thunder of your hammer, and your muscles have grown to dimensions terrible enough to bend steel. Your life is lived and regulated by the steady, pulsating rhythm of pounding hammers and heaving bellows, drawing the heavy sighs of hot soot-filled air rushing again away to feed ever hungry, ever burning furnaces mirrored in reflective pools of molten metal. You know the stuff of which the hearth is made -- earth and wood -- and how to slake their thirsts for metallic forms in the glowing fury of white-hot flames. The Firmament of the Hearth was pounded thin as a flake from a single silver nugget and hung high over it by the Creator. Pounding out the Blacksmith's Anvil promises..."

Fixed.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements