Game Development: Bull Lizard

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bull Lizard

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:03 am

Kaios wrote:dude it's been so long, if the "something more significant" you keep talking about doesn't make me cream my pants I think I am done with this game. I haven't even been playing the past few months, just waiting for this amazing update and continuing to be disappointed every time a new patch comes out.

Maybe you shouldn't use your first comment in a good while just to sing your usual gloom song, then? Misery loves company?

I can guarantee you that the thing we're working on won't live up to your high erotic standards.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:09 am

maze wrote:Playing LiF atm.
But still around to support the game *buys hat*

Is the hat income good again?

Thanks for the support!

While not enormous, it has actually been better than it used to be, and we also decided to just try it out for a while. If nothing else the Gold and Silver subs get some free nonsense, and every little helps us.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:39 am

I really enjoy the hats, I have to say. I do wish there were a few more medieval styled options rather than the more anachronistic forms, but I'd lie if I said I hadn't bought some of them anyway. I intend to buy a few more this weekend.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Granger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:15 am

jorb wrote:If nothing else the Gold and Silver subs get some free nonsense, and every little helps us.

jorb wrote:All Gold subscribers have been awarded the Magician's Hat free of charge.

What nonsense did the silver subscribers get, if I may ask?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I really enjoy the hats, I have to say. I do wish there were a few more medieval styled options rather than the more anachronistic forms, but I'd lie if I said I hadn't bought some of them anyway. I intend to buy a few more this weekend.

yes, i do feel the same, i'd like to see more things akin to the druid helm, but i feel as though that teeters on the edge of what could probably just be added into the game as armor. like claptrap helms and curly horned goat pot helms and what not. I certainly dont want to take away from the experience and hide it behind something that not everybody can enjoy.
AntiBlitz

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:21 am

Granger wrote:What nonsense did the silver subscribers get, if I may ask?

A safari hat, for example.

jorb

Postby jorb » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:23 am

AntiBlitz wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I really enjoy the hats, I have to say. I do wish there were a few more medieval styled options rather than the more anachronistic forms, but I'd lie if I said I hadn't bought some of them anyway. I intend to buy a few more this weekend.

yes, i do feel the same, i'd like to see more things akin to the druid helm, but i feel as though that teeters on the edge of what could probably just be added into the game as armor. like claptrap helms and curly horned goat pot helms and what not. I certainly dont want to take away from the experience and hide it behind something that not everybody can enjoy.

Reason being that, A) Things which fit the lore and theme perfectly should arguably be ingame items possible to craft, and B) That some aspect of the store hats was some intended comic relief, though I have been trying to make them perhaps a notch less silly than bicycle helmets and beer hats.

jorb

Postby Adder1234 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:39 am

The more I think about it the more ideas I have for ball games now. Pretty sure that Aurora is going to be hosting the hearthling equivalent of the olympics at this rate.
Adder1234

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 am

jorb wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:That some aspect of the store hats was some intended comic relief,

the comic relief looking back on my event does amuse me, especially when i explain it to others.

My first almost week of the game, i met a guy who lived north of me named Cpt. Richard, he messaged me and asked me to help him repair a wall of a decayed city so we could loot it. Needless to say, I was so enamored with the loot that we forgot about finishing the wall. As i nonchalantly walked about the city, a horse gallop played across my speakers as I witnessed a sombrero mustached man with a sword cut me down lol. Cpt. Richard never made it, and I never heard from him again, I was able to hearth home with 3hhp. It does certainly make me chuckle thinking back on it. :)
AntiBlitz

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:11 am

jorb wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:

Reason being that, A) Things which fit the lore and theme perfectly should arguably be ingame items possible to craft, and B) That some aspect of the store hats was some intended comic relief, though I have been trying to make them perhaps a notch less silly than bicycle helmets and beer hats.

I totally agree and also the hats recently have been really good, the one this wk is on a par with the pirates, witch and cat hat, in fact it maybe tops them imo, so good job.
My only problem now is deciding which one to wear!

And, we need a blue merch robe equivalent! :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements