Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dreams

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dr

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:45 pm

sMartins wrote:
drakesaint wrote:
sabinati wrote:you literally compared someone to cancer

Jesus how do these people even manage to stay up without a backbone

Do you think is harder to be an educated person or an uneducated paesant like many here? Think about that and meditate in which case a backbone is required more.

Can't understand your broken english, who the fuck educated you lmao
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby sMartins » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:16 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
sMartins wrote:Do you think is harder to be an educated person or an uneducated paesant like many here? Think about that and meditate in which case a backbone is required more.

Can't understand your broken english, who the fuck educated you lmao

Yeah exactly, this is a clear demonstration of what I was talking about ....
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby tyrtix » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 am

Community means most of the real people revolving around this (and others) game. Like killing or robbing a noob in game just for fun (he does not have anything worth, or nearly anything, but you kill him anyway, and another player is gone), or saying "you won't be missed" to someone expressing his ideas just because you believe your ideas are just better or, even worse, the answer to any problem.
It need a blind man just not seeing how, even in this relatively small and new topic, most ppl find the "dungeon" addition exactly what i felt and wrote about: nice addition, yes, but out of place in the game. Yes, not everyone feels like that, but a certain quantity came up exactly with the same idea and not another, wich is, well, pretty interesting in terms of statistics and game design. The same did most updates in hafen, to be fair, as many people felt more and more a sensation of things thrown in "because fun fun", wich means often because fanservice.
For example: some nice early food addition came in, but other than that, not much about early survival contents (except the same snake sillyness done again in salem too, things that very easily kill a new toon just created...bad bad).
Another example is gilding system, wich is a cool thing but so mainstream that is already abandoned by many games, dating down to Diablo II in terms of games, meaning it's a mechanic from 20 years ago.. why not adding ingredients while making my clothing then? different buttons will yeld a different bonus, for example, but on a FINISHED item, a total of x "slots" in wich i can put different parts that will give different bonuses: bear hide patch? +str bat hide patch? +psy and so on...easier, a bit different.

(just dropping here a possibility at making the game that bit different it was, but is not, now.)
tyrtix

Postby azrid » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:44 am

Gilding system is a very positive addition. It dramatically decreases the need for alts.
In traditional mmos people usually have a lot of different alts for various reasons.
In that regard Haven has done well implementing traditional methods where its suitable.

Not everything has to be a completely new idea.
azrid

Postby falsewall » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:57 pm

loftar wrote:
falsewall wrote:What are you using at the moment to design levels jorb?

I'm sure it hasn't escaped you that the beaver lodges are randomly generated, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Figured I just was seeing pictures not focusing on the functionality I thought you had added reading your joking writings on things like beaver great halls
Was thinking you were making set pieces to be placed within the randomly generated cavelike dungeon. Simple kind of silly example would be a beaver great Hall(just a wide room) with little beaver drinking bar and stool set pieces(creating 3 adjacent tables and stools of the highest beaver quality in 2 lines) designed with spawning restrictions to be near the outer boarder of rooms.

Upon closer looking, assuming I'm not missing anything, this kinda reminds me of a maze generator I wrote that threw items all over.
falsewall

Postby AntiBlitz » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Could we potentially get a warning before the dungeon just shits you out. I had my poor alt shuffling wood to the entrance of the dungeon. All of a sudden he was poofed out the front entrance while carrying a wheelbarrow into deepwater. Needless to say, he drowned, the poor bastard. Is there anyways to get a like, "the dungeon is collapsing, holy shit!" or maybe see some dirt falling everywhere or something to let us know that time is up. I wasnt in there very long. It was just unexpected, and has cost me my poor alt. RIP
AntiBlitz

Postby jorb » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Agree that the death sequence of dungeons should improve, yeah.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Razzbane » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:13 pm

jorb wrote:Agree that the death sequence of dungeons should improve, yeah.

i think the chances to being killed are pretty high anyway, unless you go there in big party 5+ statted players. 12 white beavers at once is a deadly thing i assure.

Dungeons tho are very hard to balance, titans are not afraid of it and lower players (500-1000 stat) are at high risk of being KOed.
Razzbane

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 am

Razzbane wrote:
jorb wrote:Agree that the death sequence of dungeons should improve, yeah.

i think the chances to being killed are pretty high anyway, unless you go there in big party 5+ statted players. 12 white beavers at once is a deadly thing i assure.

Dungeons tho are very hard to balance, titans are not afraid of it and lower players (500-1000 stat) are at high risk of being KOed.

The difficulty of balancing these PvE scenarios is as much a criticism of dungeons as it is the scale of HnH progression.
Robben_DuMarsch

Previous

Return to Announcements