Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dreams

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dr

Postby Zeler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Fostik wrote:
Zeler wrote:Its an MMO game after all

So why90% players still play solo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-Y242GOgk

Show me the statistics
Zeler

Postby spawningmink » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:31 pm

Zeler wrote:
Fostik wrote:
Zeler wrote:Its an MMO game after all

So why90% players still play solo?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-Y242GOgk

Show me the statistics

ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby azrid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:50 pm

romovs wrote:Nice update, but irrelevant for solo players :|

You can still get loot as a solo player.

Just don't expect to complete every dungeon you find.
There will probably be easier beginner dungeons too.
azrid

Postby romovs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 pm

azrid wrote:

You can still get loot as a solo player.

Except all the good stuff - hearts and crowns. Basic loot is sort of nice for its novelty, but other than that it's shit.

Maybe my beaver-foo is just lacking but I couldn't complete it with
str 900
agi 800
con 540
ua 600
mc 400
q250 sword and 180/130 armour class

Spawn rates/mob strength don't take into account the number of players or their stats. It's either you sprint through the dungeon with 3+ people or can't get past the 3rd room.
romovs

Postby ricky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Guys, you're falling the whole 'too busy looking at the trees to see the forest' analogy

Sure, maybe considering they're beavers they're a little OP, but they could have easily made a dungeon featuring anything else.

Ideally in the future there will be some solo dungeons, group dungeons, combat dungeons, puzzle dungeons...
We've just barely scratched the surface of the whole instanced dungeon shenanigans

Wouldn't hurt to focus on how we can make future dungeons fun and unique instead of moaning about how the first dungeon is broke, op, gay, etc
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby romovs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 pm

ricky wrote:Wouldn't hurt to focus on how we can make future dungeons fun and unique instead of moaning about how the first dungeon is broke, op, gay, etc

romovs wrote:Spawn rates/mob strength don't take into account the number of players or their stats. It's either you sprint through the dungeon with 3+ people or can't get past the 3rd room.
romovs

Postby azrid » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:17 pm

romovs wrote:Except all the good stuff - hearts and crowns. Basic loot is sort of nice for its novelty, but other than that it's shit.

Crowns are not good. Its pretty much a cosmetic item.
Sure you are missing out on hearts but the real good loot is the teeth,gems and especially needles.
No need to kill king beaver for that.

I have a little less stats than you and I get loot fine. Can't solo finish infinite spawn rooms but with a couple of kinda weak friends its already possible and fun.
azrid

Postby tyrtix » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 pm

those dungeons are clearly made for encouraging community players, not for single player to get in and waste them in single raids as many as you can, that's easy to understand, and pretty sure in the future the easier ones will have no good loot for the bigger whales.

I like the concept, thou it feels to me like one of those things devs didn't wanted to add for ages. My idea now is that devs are not so sure where to go with the game: they constantly add a lot of things, and that's very good, but these things seems not coherent with the game. They removed old faith thing with the changing bars, and then added credos wich are nice, but have a tree structure wich points in certain directions to give good advantages (who won't take forager, for example?).

A lot of things instead still needs a lot of polishing: food system got nerfed a lot with all the different recipes ingredients, making most recipes add weird results and weird stat increases, in term of game experience was only a nerf, especially for low level players.
Curio system is.. well, it's not. Study desk made it just "dump everything in, you'll study all, no difference", same for nidbanes: those that would need more that thing, like hermits, simply cannot afford he cost or won't EVER find mandrake to use for that, and against pk'ers is worthless as you're already dead and mostly lost body (with good stuff and stats too, forcing those players to, generally, stop playing).

Generally i think that the bigger issue is to separate pvp from pve in a way that if a player do not like pvp, it simply can skip that part of the game, or at least have a "safe haven" (hehehe) in wich they will be free to go around w/o fear for beign killed or robbed.
After that, the two systems that fuel hafen are: food and curio. Those two things need to be refined as to make the items made there tradable in some ways (and not just "make the better thing because they're all the same").

As devs have added a lot of things that we can kill now, the next issue is combat, and in a second way, taming: it's at best weird, that slings are no more used, and archery became so dumb that they're basically worthless, and in name of the old gods, why i cannot shot a damn stone to a duck and get the body? why i really need a stupid horse to catch as many as i want of them?
tyrtix

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:55 am

tyrtix wrote:They removed old faith thing with the changing bars, and then added credos wich are nice, but have a tree structure wich points in certain directions to give good advantages (who won't take forager, for example?).

You mean personal beliefs? That shit was broken as fuck, credos are infinitely better. Who cares if some credos are nearly mandatory to get other credos.

tyrtix wrote:A lot of things instead still needs a lot of polishing: food system got nerfed a lot with all the different recipes ingredients, making most recipes add weird results and weird stat increases, in term of game experience was only a nerf, especially for low level players.

Are you kidding? Attributes are fucking INSANE because of the huge stat inflations.

tyrtix wrote:Curio system is.. well, it's not. Study desk made it just "dump everything in, you'll study all, no difference"

If you care at all about LP/Hour it's not like that. At all.

tyrtix wrote:same for nidbanes: those that would need more that thing, like hermits, simply cannot afford he cost or won't EVER find mandrake to use for that, and against pk'ers is worthless as you're already dead and mostly lost body (with good stuff and stats too, forcing those players to, generally, stop playing).

Nidbanes are just retarded in general. Their entire function is just flawed.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 am

Well I think that was the point, if these dungeons were solo-able it would be stupid, idk why people think that hermits should be able to do everything that big groups do, it would be obviously unfair and a game about survival shouldn't be solo-able, hermitting should be punished by the game mechanics imo

Fostik wrote:So why90% players still play solo?

more like 10% of players play solo, whats up with that hermitting propaganda xD

tyrtix wrote:wall of bullshit

if you don't know anything about the game and it's mechanics (any you probably don't even play it) what's the point of writing stuff like that?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements