Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dreams

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dr

Postby tyrtix » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:13 pm

strpk0 wrote:
tyrtix wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:if you don't know anything about the game and it's mechanics (any you probably don't even play it) what's the point of writing stuff like that?

Your point is irrelevant to me, and beign rude with ppl that knows the game and play it since 2009 is not a good way to make them return playing. Actually i was wrong: worst problem in haven is certainly the toxic community, of wich ppl like you is part.
Keep going with 170 players, i bet devs like ppl doing what you do :)

The problem is you're assuming people would want a whiny random person on the internet like you to keep playing. They do not. This game was made with overcoming problems in mind (yes, that includes having to deal with toxic people, which by the way, is not REMOTELY close to being as common as you suggest). If you can't handle a little bit of adversity and instead choose to complain and demand everyone else to fix it for you, then please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and don't return to the game.

You won't be missed.

But i still stay here writing on the forum...sorry for you. I don't mind if devs decide not changing some of the game aspects, i already not play here but will do elsewhere (and will put my money there, much better).
Say what you want, still this world stared with 1200 players and plummeted again to 170. Very nice achivement. Not only i won't return, but surely i won't even say ppl to try the game, wich is clearly the way to go.

Ah, btw, these whines are the same, and from the same people, that answered when some ppl on the forum, even on last world, pointed out that some more pve contents could boost the game presence (like credos did...) heh, see what happened.
tyrtix

Postby strpk0 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:21 pm

tyrtix wrote:But i still stay here writing on the forum...sorry for you. I don't mind if devs decide not changing some of the game aspects, i already not play here but will do elsewhere (and will put my money there, much better).
Say what you want, still this world stared with 1200 players and plummeted again to 170. Very nice achivement. Not only i won't return, but surely i won't even say ppl to try the game, wich is clearly the way to go.

Ah, btw, these whines are the same, and from the same people, that answered when some ppl on the forum, even on last world, pointed out that some more pve contents could boost the game presence (like credos did...) heh, see what happened.

And you're making a mistake by assuming that you know exactly why the player count plummets so low after a world becomes older. This has been the case for many (all?) worlds, and the problems are many more than what you would think. The community, in my experience, has been nothing but helpful while playing, and are infact one of the reasons why I still (while not actively playing atm) pay close attention to the development of this game. Met some toxic asshole? No problem, new enemy I wouldn't mind killing (or being killed by). Met another cool person? Sure, having more friends ingame is nice.

You have to change your mindset if you expect to enjoy this game for a decent length of time, and yes that does mean learning to deal with asswipes (surprise surprise, there are asswipes on the internet!). I find people that feel the game (and other people) should adapt to them in every way are often WAY more problematic than some random 12 year old calling me a faggot, or somesuch.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Ants » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:19 pm

Awesome update. Thanks jorbtar! The blue wood is amazing!!
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Granger » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 pm

It wouldn't be a problem to kindly explain that the map is big enough and there are plenty of areas that are not overcrowded (or populated by dickheads), add the suggestion to move to someplace else or to make a topic here to find compatible company. At least some did.

Regarding comments like
strpk0 wrote:... please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and don't return to the game.

You won't be missed.

or
drakesaint wrote:... guess what snowflake; you might be the problem, instead.

It's like a cancer lump having a self-reflection: "You know, I HATE this toxic body I'm living on and reaping benefits from."

In my view people behaving like these two did here are the problem: not inside the game (which is sandbox so everyone is free to be as big of an asshole as one likes to be) but here on the forum. Because it's exactly such behaviour which is perceived by 'normal' humans as toxic and turns them away, effectively lowering the potential to have fun in this game for everyone, as it needlessly reduces the amount of people who get/are/stay interested in this game.

Thus: please put some decency into making your posts and especially do not suggest to others to 'go away', 'never return', 'kill yourself' (or similar) to spare yourself a trip through the Plea and/or other unpleasant surprises the forum has in store for such cases (like forcibly applying such suggestions to the accounts of the people who post such).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:01 am

Granger wrote:It wouldn't be a problem to kindly explain that the map is big enough and there are plenty of areas that are not overcrowded (or populated by dickheads), add the suggestion to move to someplace else or to make a topic here to find compatible company. At least some did.

Regarding comments like
strpk0 wrote:... please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and don't return to the game.

You won't be missed.

or

It's like a cancer lump having a self-reflection: "You know, I HATE this toxic body I'm living on and reaping benefits from."

In my view people behaving like these two did here are the problem: not inside the game (which is sandbox so everyone is free to be as big of an asshole as one likes to be) but here on the forum. Because it's exactly such behaviour which is perceived by 'normal' humans as toxic and turns them away, effectively lowering the potential to have fun in this game for everyone, as it needlessly reduces the amount of people who get/are/stay interested in this game.

Thus: please put some decency into making your posts and especially do not suggest to others to 'go away', 'never return', 'kill yourself' (or similar) to spare yourself a trip through the Plea and/or other unpleasant surprises the forum has in store for such cases (like forcibly applying such suggestions to the accounts of the people who post such).

If you're so cloistered and removed from reality that you perceive words expelled by people from all around the world in a gaming forum as 'toxic', word which is often associated with poison, venom or radioactivity, and DEMAND the figures of authority that they shouldn't be said, then you might be a control freak authoritarian that does not realize that respect is earned, not given.
drakesaint

Postby sabinati » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:11 am

drakesaint wrote:
Granger wrote:It wouldn't be a problem to kindly explain that the map is big enough and there are plenty of areas that are not overcrowded (or populated by dickheads), add the suggestion to move to someplace else or to make a topic here to find compatible company. At least some did.

Regarding comments like

You won't be missed.

or

If you're so cloistered and removed from reality that you perceive words expelled by people from all around the world in a gaming forum as 'toxic', word which is often associated with poison, venom or radioactivity, and DEMAND the figures of authority that they shouldn't be said, then you might be a control freak authoritarian that does not realize that respect is earned, not given.

you literally compared someone to cancer
sabinati

Postby Carnation » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:36 am

thanks for the patch guys! have a great weekend.
Carnation

Postby drakesaint » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:50 am

sabinati wrote:you literally compared someone to cancer

Jesus how do these people even manage to stay up without a backbone
drakesaint

Postby sMartins » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 am

drakesaint wrote:
sabinati wrote:you literally compared someone to cancer

Jesus how do these people even manage to stay up without a backbone

Do you think is harder to be an educated person or an uneducated paesant like many here? Think about that and meditate in which case a backbone is required more.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 am

sMartins wrote:uneducated paesant

ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements