Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dreams

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Princess Thraxyr's Endless Levee of Dr

Postby Myrgard » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 pm

or just reduce the spawn rate to a logical lvl? A single lodge should house no more than 15-20 beavers i think total. These things are somewhat challenging to faction lvl fighters at this stage in the world. I'd say make the easier, i mean beavers are one of the most timid animals out there. Leave the more challenging dungeons (and more enticing loot) to other lairs that are said to be inbound. Mammoth/bear/troll/....dragon? that should be a challenge to faction lvl raiding party.

Beaver homes could be made open to weaker players/ semi casual hermits.

P.S. my fighter can face tank mammoths so I'm not bitching for my own sake but rather for an overall balance.
Myrgard

Postby Potjeh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 pm

If infinite meat is a problem, maybe all beavers spawned after the initial set should be q10?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby killette2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Carnation wrote:what if doing a quest gave you a key and spawned one that only you could enter? and you could lock the door behind so you dont get ganked or some shit.

Aren't quest already abused enough via fast travel?
killette2

Postby Redlaw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 pm

from the little I saw most wear q10, main issue is getting them out out of the dungeon. But if they cant be butchered suddenly, I like to see large swarms of beavers in the main world once in a while with the tougher beavers past the king.
Redlaw

Postby jordancoles » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Dungeons close after a while of being inside of them, and no one gives a shit about beaver meat really

Not an issue imo, people want to progress through the dungeons they're not messing with the hides and whatever.

Though a white beaverhide from the king would be nice
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ricky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 pm

The issue isn't shit tier beaver meat, it's the troll meat you'll be getting when they inevitably add troll dungeons, or the +2str bear meat from bear dungeons
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Artemiswhb » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:34 am

Artemiswhb

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:24 am

Really the best way to solve the issue with "too much whatever" is simply to make dungeon spawned mobs unbutcherable and unable to be removed from the dungeon instance. The exception could be, as I've heard asked for, a special white beaver skin. In the event that that hide appears exactly once per dungeon/room, and is either purely cosmetic or used to create a rather standard-strength item that can be gilded. Special carpentry bonuses for a white beaver cloak wouldn't be out of order, given the lack of other items specifically targetting this skill set. The ancient tooth obviously stands as a clear exception, and would perhaps be a great companion for such a cloak/belt/cape.

Overall it seems like there's plenty of worth coming out of these dungeons without adding bonus "free" infinite meat/fat/hides/etc to the mix.

ricky wrote:The issue isn't shit tier beaver meat, it's the troll meat you'll be getting when they inevitably add troll dungeons, or the +2str bear meat from bear dungeons

Amen to this, and the hides/bones/etc.
Last edited by Lunarius_Haberdash on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Zaplutek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:25 am

So now is the time for Monty Python Killer Rabbits. Will kill for such dungeon.
Zaplutek

Postby DoctorViper » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:52 am

Well, shit. And here I was expecting it to be a reset-worthy update. Oh well. Maybe after the client's re-written.
If you have nothing to make, then maybe it is still something. Why? Because you possess the idea that you wish to make something from nothing.
DoctorViper

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements