Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Postby sarkum » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 am

never mind.
THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL
sarkum

Postby mlg_no-Scoper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 am

mlg_no-Scoper

Postby strpk0 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:08 am

mlg_no-Scoper wrote:https://www.change.org/p/everyone-remove-dab-emote-from-haven-and-hearth-by-popular-request
1-800-273-8255

Dabbing should leave a "degeneracy" scent whenever used, lasting for 3 months. Summonable of course and giving any nidbanes summoned with it a 3x multiplier.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby mlg_no-Scoper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:19 am

also make it so that regardless of stats you dont go to valhalla if you ever dab in your lifetime
mlg_no-Scoper

Postby ctopolon3 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:49 am

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Butcher's Cleaver", axe which butchers fast.

mb speedup "slaughter" sometime
ctopolon3

Postby Chebermech » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:22 am

nice patch, tho im not into dabing. could you guys add Squat for next emote, and balaclava for a next hat please?
Chebermech

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 am

jorb wrote:Beavers spawned in dungeons -- i.e. those which appear while clearing a room, as opposed to those already in the room when you enter it -- decay very quickly, and yield no loot. Perhaps too harsh?

Thank you for patch, but i still suggest to limit the number of spawning creatures in dungeons instead of removing loot from 'em. It should make beaver dungeons more friendly to small or n00bish groups. For real challenge may bears or wolves dungeons be made.

Have a nice holydays. It would be nice if you will share with community "the bigger things" you're aiming to.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Enjoyment » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 am

Thx for the cleaver.
Hope you'll implement Map Expansion before your vacation, so we can have a lot of "things-to-discover" instead of just waiting a month.
And nice new "small fix" will be the last farming stockpile - the pepper one.
Last edited by Enjoyment on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:32 am

I think the goal of dungeons is end-game content, not things that need to be accessible by "n00bs." While some dungeon resources should be useful to "n00bs," not everything needs to be accessible by everyone. Maybe n00bs could access the first couple levels, while faction members clear the end-dungeon content.

Maybe dungeons cause dynamics scenarios in environments? The scenario of a beaver dam being protected by a faction, so high quality beavers around the area continue to spawn in high quantity sounds...interesting. Though preventing random griefers from clearing dungeon clusters would be difficult.
DDDsDD999

Postby thesourceofsadness » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:52 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:I think the goal of dungeons is end-game content, not things that need to be accessible by "n00bs." While some dungeon resources should be useful to "n00bs," not everything needs to be accessible by everyone. Maybe n00bs could access the first couple levels, while faction members clear the end-dungeon content.

My point is that dungeon's difficulty level should be variable to be accessiable for everyone: "easy" dungeons with beavers, foxes and snakes, "hard" dungeons with wolves, bears and (trolls?).

When you declare something to be "endgame content only" it makes newcommers dissapointed a bit - like in old EvE Online, where it took months to get to even mid-game content. N00bs should have some nice things too, i guess.
thesourceofsadness

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements