Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Flagging Butcher

Postby Daefae33 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:09 pm

<error>
Daefae33

Postby hazzor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:26 pm

azrid wrote:Removing infinite spawn is a clever way of saying you want soloable dungeons :D

I don't think dungeons should be soloable (perhaps excluding the lowest difficulty ones, giant anthill gimme gimme gimme), and I also think that infinitely spawning enemies is dumb. I just think it's a boring solution to force grouping.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby ricky » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 pm

In regards to infinite beaver:

In Zelda: twilight princess there were these battles where you had to kill all the monsters simultaneously or else they would revive with full health.
( Video as example: https://youtu.be/-niuM878oYA)

Perhaps a method similar to this could be used? Instead of beavers dying and respawning they could be knocked out and revive ~3 seconds later with full health if all mobs in the area aren't killed within time. If each room had a fixed set of beavers you wouldn't have to work about the infinity beavers being unbutcherable.

You could make an argument that it's still kind of cheesy, but I think it's better than infinitely spawning, unbutcherable beavers.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby jorb » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:59 pm

ricky wrote:You could make an argument that it's still kind of cheesy, but I think it's better than infinitely spawning, unbutcherable beavers.

If that makes anyone happy, I could go for that. Functionally it's the same thing.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby svino » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm

jorb wrote:If that makes anyone happy, I could go for that. Functionally it's the same thing.

if its not a time consuming thing to implement, i think you should. It'd make a lot more sense and be easier for the people who're not killing the beavers fast enough to understand what they're doing wrong.
svino

Postby Granger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:42 pm

jorb wrote:
ricky wrote:You could make an argument that it's still kind of cheesy, but I think it's better than infinitely spawning, unbutcherable beavers.

If that makes anyone happy, I could go for that. Functionally it's the same thing.

Please.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

jorb wrote:

This seems like a nice balance.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Myrgard » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:58 am

jorb wrote:

It's not the same thing, not by a long shot. It might be similar from your gameplay perspective but it makes a MASSIVE difference from a roleplay perspective. Please.
Myrgard

Postby Carnation » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:16 am

that sounds like a really good idea
Carnation

Postby Potjeh » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:02 am

LOL if you're gonna go with necromantic beavers might as well give it a thematic objective, like an object that revives the beavers that you have to try and destroy while the beavers are down or while your friends are holding them off. That light thingy could work, though probably with less soak/HP. Or necromancer beavers, that try to hide behind their buddies instead of rushing in to fight you.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements