New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:40 pm

There's so much fluff content that no one cares about lmao
DDDsDD999

Postby bitza » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 am

i do like very much the updates catered to fostering a more "sustainable world" such as tree regrowth and pavement decay, great stuff. in order to make a truly permanent world though, there needs to be controls in place to offset things like q2000 crops and characters with 40k strength and 1 million hitpoints.
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby Granger » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:There's so much fluff content that no one cares about lmao

You're not alone with that misconception, but you're still wrong. The 'fluff' as you call it might be something that you are unable to cherish, but by adding width and depth to the game it makes it more attractive to many.

bitza wrote:i do like very much the updates catered to fostering a more "sustainable world" such as tree regrowth and pavement decay, great stuff

Same here. While I'm not convinced about some of shortcuts taken (like with decay not happening 'offline') I'm still happy about the improvements.

in order to make a truly permanent world though, there needs to be controls in place to offset things like q2000 crops and characters with 40k strength and 1 million hitpoints.
I fear that this will need some more convincing as for this some existing mechanics have to be changed/removed.
One good recent suggestion was to turn tools/workstations to be hardcaps instead softcaps, removing the ability to use a spiraled saw to make q200 boards from a q10 log (and to stamp out such saws from q10 bars using a spiraled hammer/anvil in the first place).

Effectively we need a way to make stat decay palatable to the existing users, I see no practical way around it as it's the only possiblity to keep the numbers on the server within a manageable range. Or we need something that encourages the devs to just ignore the screaming longtimers (who fear new things), tack on a catchy name to the concept (for a positive spin) and give it a try (preferably without, this time, reverting it without any further comments on the why after a way too-short timespan).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Schro » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 am

bitza wrote:i do like very much the updates catered to fostering a more "sustainable world" such as tree regrowth and pavement decay, great stuff. in order to make a truly permanent world though, there needs to be controls in place to offset things like q2000 crops and characters with 40k strength and 1 million hitpoints.

From what I gathered, the most unbalance comes from two sides. One is botting and the other bit is people with 5k+ charisma. Apparently they get millions of exp treequesting within one day.
Behold the power of ADHD and autism combined.(fml)
Schro

Postby ctopolon4 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:49 am

2019 roadmap when? mb sneak peak for almost done big patch?
ctopolon4

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Granger wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:There's so much fluff content that no one cares about lmao

You're not alone with that misconception, but you're still wrong. The 'fluff' as you call it might be something that you are unable to cherish, but by adding width and depth to the game it makes it more attractive to many.

You can slap fancy paint and cool decals on a car, it's useless if the engine is busted. Haven has had nothing but fluff updates, there hasn't been a substantial improvement to the game's core mechanics since curios were first implemented (like eight years ago IIRC), and the core mechanics are very much broken.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby The_Blode » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Potjeh wrote:there hasn't been a substantial improvement to the game's core mechanics since curios were first implemented

str8 disrespectful my man
The_Blode

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Well name one.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby CaddoPuma » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:23 pm

Potjeh wrote:You can slap fancy paint and cool decals on a car, it's useless if the engine is busted. Haven has had nothing but fluff updates, there hasn't been a substantial improvement to the game's core mechanics since curios were first implemented (like eight years ago IIRC), and the core mechanics are very much broken.
You would have a valid point if you werent already 100% aware that they are working on a major revision (rendering) and in the meantime the "fluff updates" are an attempt to maintain interest and stave off boredom so the entire population doest go inactive awaiting world wipe. The bad news is, they are mostly failing to meet that objective. If you add up all of the people who were ever a member of our village, about half of them are inactive pending world reset.
CaddoPuma

Postby Potjeh » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:34 pm

While rendering is sorely needed, it's not really a core mechanics. Core mechanics are combat and siege systems, and every iteration of these has been a failure.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements