New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Postby viznew » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:51 am

jorb wrote:including getting rid of pocket worlds for houses, implement bridges, and ships and vessels which you can actually walk on, rather than simply be attached to. The somewhat longer term ambition for this change is to implement an ideally very powerful freeform building system

lol sounds amazing
ImageImage
viznew

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:05 am

If we're talking pets...

Grizzly Adams isn't very grizzly without his pet Grizzly :lol:

MIght I suggest on combat... Keep the introduction simple. Give it some chance in Valhalla and encourage players to try it out there in various ways. Start adding and fleshing it out as people say they like the basics or don't like them. Better than the major paradigm changes we've seen.

Otherwise, I like the post. Thanks for sharing. I'm just going to say that if my experience with CCP and EVE Online is any indicator of what you're going to need to deal with on the client... it don't matter how well it performs. The more activity that can be squeezed into it, the more people are going to push the limits. I don't think we have the player base currently for large combats numbering in the hundreds of players, but as the adage from the movie went... "if you build it, they will come."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:32 am

Good stuff

Directional combat with over 15fps will be fun

As others have said, avoid anything that slows or speeds up player movement but otherwise I'd be interested in trying out anything.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:36 am

Ah also, we need a better targetting system for fighting multiple targets

Custom clients kind of help with this, but we really need something for the default client. Switching targets is clunky and spam-clicky currently and with dungeons being added the common player will find themselves fighting multiple enemies more often.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Tanchist » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:46 am

W 10 hymn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-cWo2-IgMg
No matter how long it runs, this world with everything and everyone in it will still be cut down one day.
Enjoy your life while you still have it, don't be unpatient to get into your next life. Not even in Virtual.
Wastelands. Ruins everywhere from proud civilizations, with today's survivors scavenging whatever they can carry even if they can't even use it. Eating rats cooked alive is OK for everyone. Walking around naked is natural, since very few have time to waste in getting a rag to cover their deep wounds. And the game is only Alpha.
Tanchist

Postby Roxaereon » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 am

Pras
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby donatas » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:19 am

Sounds nice and all, but my main concern is from business stand for the devs.
Will it increase the player count to let's say daily being 500-900 a day and will it be income sufficient in other words will it bring in the money.
Because sure I am well aware that you guys do it out of passion as well, but I just hope it won't lead to where the game becomes too costly and not make as much as anticipated as you guys have mentioned end of the year. Also that it doesn't make much at all or player count keeps dropping to the point where you guys would end up choosing either sell the game or just shut it down, due to that the game isn't making much or not enough players to support it. Since it would either personal life or this game, which i hope that doesn't come to it and that this game becomes really prosperous, because this game is way better than most free mmo on steam.

I just hope that this game makes enough or more than enough cash for you guys and that it gets way more players then mere 200 which was like in end of world 7.

I hope you guys had a great time off and I hope that this game lives on.
donatas

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:34 am

Looks like a solid plan. Any guesstimates on how long rendering rewrite will take?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:42 am

donatas wrote:Sounds nice and all, but my main concern is from business stand for the devs.
Will it increase the player count to let's say daily being 500-900 a day and will it be income sufficient in other words will it bring in the money.
Because sure I am well aware that you guys do it out of passion as well, but I just hope it won't lead to where the game becomes too costly and not make as much as anticipated as you guys have mentioned end of the year. Also that it doesn't make much at all or player count keeps dropping to the point where you guys would end up choosing either sell the game or just shut it down, due to that the game isn't making much or not enough players to support it. Since it would either personal life or this game, which i hope that doesn't come to it and that this game becomes really prosperous, because this game is way better than most free mmo on steam.

I just hope that this game makes enough or more than enough cash for you guys and that it gets way more players then mere 200 which was like in end of world 7.

I hope you guys had a great time off and I hope that this game lives on.

xd leave the dev concern to the devs

also if you're worried about how the patches will influence playerbase (???) because they would shut the game down if low, you obviously haven't played through the lag phase of world 6
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby hazzor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

NOOBY93 wrote:also if you're worried about how the patches will influence playerbase (???) because they would shut the game down if low, you obviously haven't played through the lag phase of world 6

I don't think you can really make that comparison since the game wasn't their livlihood back then, but rather a free labour of love, propped up by infrequent donations.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements