New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Postby HavelTheRock » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:05 am

Any word on when the new world is going to hit?
HavelTheRock

Postby Vassteel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 am

loftar wrote:Not sure what properties you ascribe to dungeon crawler combat, so I can't really either affirm or deny that.

have you never played Diablo ??? probably the best known dungeon crawler with a combat system like the one you might be thinking of give diablo II a short whirl and see what ya think
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:44 am

Vassteel wrote:
loftar wrote:Not sure what properties you ascribe to dungeon crawler combat, so I can't really either affirm or deny that.

have you never played Diablo ??? probably the best known dungeon crawler with a combat system like the one you might be thinking of give diablo II a short whirl and see what ya think

"Dungeon Crawler" ranges everywhere from turn based rogue-like games to action rpgs and FPS. Specific terms are wonderful, aren't they?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby boreial » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:07 am

My guess for the next dungeon creature feature would be rabid rabbits and assorted rodents :)

Welcome back Jorb and Loftar, and once again, many many thanks for the awesome world you have given us to explore.
boreial

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:06 am

loftar wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Ah also, we need a better targetting system for fighting multiple targets

Perhaps it wasn't obvious from the description, but "directional attacks" is supposed to mean that they target a direction rather than an opponent, making targeting of opponents obsolete. Think how attacks in Salem worked, I guess, except we're probably going to approach the windup of attacks in a different way than there. The idea being to 1) sidestep the problem of targeting, 2) make area-effect attacks work more naturally, and 3) integrate movement into attacks in a more natural manner.

I'm so afraid of this, please guys make it good :(
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby KeTo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 pm

wipe!
KeTo

Postby hazzor » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:46 pm

loftar wrote:Perhaps it wasn't obvious from the description, but "directional attacks" is supposed to mean that they target a direction rather than an opponent, making targeting of opponents obsolete. Think how attacks in Salem worked, I guess, except we're probably going to approach the windup of attacks in a different way than there. The idea being to 1) sidestep the problem of targeting, 2) make area-effect attacks work more naturally, and 3) integrate movement into attacks in a more natural manner.

I do hope you can get this right, it'll be fantastic if you can but definitely has the potential to go horribly wrong. Like someone else said, lots of testing including with some induced latency.
Oh boy, here I go cheesemaking again...
hazzor

Postby CTheRain » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:15 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Vassteel wrote:

"Dungeon Crawler" ranges everywhere from turn based rogue-like games to action rpgs and FPS. Specific terms are wonderful, aren't they?

Well H&H isn't turn based nor FPS. Its closer to action combat. So when I used the term dungeon crawler I meant action combat style. *"directional attacks" is supposed to mean that they target a direction rather than an opponent, making targeting of opponents obsolete.* Its not hard to understand. :oops:

I have an old post where I wondered why archery was more action combat and melee was tab targeting. viewtopic.php?f=42&t=54187
Last edited by CTheRain on Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby iamahh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:13 pm

Spiral Knights has 2 movement styles in options, you can move using ASDW or you could hold mouse button to move in that direction... attack/block would default to mouse or keyboard depending on choice...

moving with ASDW would give better precision but making your hand tired faster... moving with mouse pressed was more relaxing but it was continuous move, and you couldn't move back while shooting the front...
iamahh

Postby TheOriginalFive » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Would object-controlled-objects also open the possibility of exotic pets?
TheOriginalFive

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements