New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: New Year: 2018 -- Loose Roadmap!

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Ok, a 'Vessel that you can actually walk on' sounds cool af but I do feel that such a large vessel would need larger bodies of water to really make it have maximum coolness. Could also be like a tower or castle you could walk on the roof of? Ranged combat viable in base defense?

I have doubts about free form building though, because currently you get an idea how powerful village, group or person is by the structures there. You see an tower or a long hall and go 'danm, look at them!' I also suspect that free form building would be cheesed to hell. That and in general the ability to look at something and know what is its I feel is important here? IDK maybe I'm just being afraid of change but I don't think I'm too keen on the idea.

Combat I cannot weigh in effectively. I think current combat is alright but this is the first world I've done combat so I've no other point of reference. I can say though that as lower stats I had to switch combat decks that favored different colors but now I've found that a very basic green deck can kill most medium to small game with minimal HHP loss if any.

Dungeons should not give any finished products imo. Resources, natural curios, things like that. No tools, no armor, nothing that under mines 'players create everything' that is the single more unique thing about this game is that every house, tool, clothing and piece of furniture were made from players from wilderness.
Pinkie-Pie

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 pm

csgirl504 wrote:Any plans for a world refresh? Or maybe an expansion of the map? I logged off for a few months and got my settlement stolen so I've been looking around for a new place to settle and there are settlements EVERYWHERE. I don't want to be the person that settles 10 tiles from someone else :roll:

.... Ok every one who 'can't find a place' is either not looking very hard or simply lying to get a reset.

There is loads of space I walk though every day, that is just several mini-maps worth of empty space. Are you trying to have a setlemt from scratch larger than brodgar?!
Pinkie-Pie

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:35 am

reading this again disappoints me...
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:27 am

So far we

DO NOT HAVE:
  • Client rendering rewrite (not finished)
  • Object controlled objects
  • Seasons
  • Combat system still pretty terible
  • Siege system redesign
  • Food rebalance
  • Conversation system for NPC
  • Wolves or dogs

Basically we dont have any big stuff from the list.

WE HAVE:
  • Small quite meaningless patches
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Lyrroth » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:26 pm

shubla wrote:So far we

DO NOT HAVE:
  • Client rendering rewrite (not finished)
  • Object controlled objects
  • Seasons
  • Combat system still pretty terible
  • Siege system redesign
  • Food rebalance
  • Conversation system for NPC
  • Wolves or dogs

Basically we dont have any big stuff from the list.

WE HAVE:
  • Small quite meaningless patches

The first two take longer than suspected but hey, who would forseen that... much?
They tried combat, failed, so I guess You can tie a siege system to that.
Food rebalance might happen with next world as this world it would be pointless unless with reset date at hand.
Wtf needs NPCs?
As for wolves yeah...

Only meaningless thing was scales as curio and angler light and that's all.
Lyrroth

Postby jordancoles » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm

Lyrroth wrote:Only meaningless thing was scales as curio and angler light and that's all.

?????????????

Cow colours, though cool, arguably add nothing. (Still cool tho)

Meteors as far as I've seen are just cast iron bars with higher q ore (which we know is fairly pointless because even base q ore can be spiraled to stupid qualities)

Skeletons, though nice, don't offer anything that wasn't already available during butchering.

Other additions from this year: Display cases, kin list changes to display avatars, ranger bows, felt cloth, gold cloth (aesthetic), display cases, rose gold bars (aesthetic), fucking bug swarms, more wounds, paint easels, pearler credo, cook credo (arguably broken or at least not working as we would have hoped), logs decaying into murkwood, white deers, stone fences, leeks, quails, goats (which are basically sheep), turnips (which are just beetroots with will modifier), fireflies, grey seals and knarr docks (still overpriced considering they can be destroyed with vandalism)

Bat dungeons, crafting out of barrels, and coracles were probably the most influential changes of 2018 to date.

I appreciate all of the stuff that has been added, but yeah, not much of it is from the roadmap and that's mainly because of how much time has been put into the client rewrite. The rewrite is something that needed to happen at one point or another, and I'm not really complaining since I knew it would need to be done, but hopefully next year will have more notable patches (like the other 4 dungeons Jorb had hoped to add this year)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:02 pm

I've really been quite satisfied with the stuff that's come out in 2018, including some of the less expected items. I'm not really excited for wolves/dogs to come out, as I can see some serious balance problems involved with that. The pig/truffle thing was a nice addition, and it makes me curious for what kinds of things they may be thinking of expanding this to, and what we might see from snouts in the future. Overall I am much more satisfied with everything we HAVE received than I would have been with everything on that list. Though admittedly seasons and object controlled objects would be very nice to see happen.

If seasons doesn't include temperature issues, 'dead growth' seasons and 'optimal planting time' seasons for crops? IE - Slowing down and altering the madcap advancement of crop Q, I'm going to be very disappointed.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Lyrroth » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Well it's just your view vs mine. But I'll let You have it just cuz You're Coles.

But correct me on that if I am wrong, but didn't Jorb stated something about only small updates for some longer time until client rendering rewrite is done? That's why so much meaningless is happening?
Lyrroth

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 pm

Lyrroth wrote:so much meaningless is happening?

Choose your words carefully, son, as you can't change them once their out of your mouth. ¦]

You are correct as that is what jorb stated. It's not all inconsequential, but a lot of it is fluff items.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Redlaw » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:53 pm

I am happy with what we are getting so far, some of it will work a lot better when things start fresh, but they do add to whats going on now. A lot of player ideas that would help keep the world going for the long run are in game, trees growing on there own, trees rotting into murkwood. The meteror will be a big thing earlier in a world, and be big if the world lasted long enough for it to run out of metal.

Plus it was said to be a loose roadmap for this year. Ill just say it will work fine for next year as well.
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements